General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What do I need for neons?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:08 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default What do I need for neons?

Taking the big step and I'm gonna buy some neons. Is there any particular brands that are better than others? What do you recommend?

I found a Neon kit on ebay, but I have a feeling that it may be too good to be true. Any opinoins? Click here

Old 07-18-2007, 06:42 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default RE: What do I need for neons?

I have heard streetglow is the way to go. They sell streetglow stuff at Advance Auto Parts.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:08 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

[IMG]local://upfiles/4766/E75BE0BDECA74B95A6FB9A93D5D70BE6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-18-2007, 10:09 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

What do you need for neons?
Somethingmade inJapan to put them on.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard that LED's are the way to go, neons crack and break from rocks coming off the road, if it cracks it will let all the gas out forcing you to buy a new tube.......

but thats just what I have heard....

Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

the neon tubes do crack really easy, went thru 3 rear tubes on my ranger... go with L.E.D.'s

Old 07-19-2007, 08:15 AM
BigGreenMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: BLK85

[IMG]local://upfiles/4766/E75BE0BDECA74B95A6FB9A93D5D70BE6.jpg[/IMG]
I second that vote.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:15 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I don't think neons look ricey on a blazer. Add an aluminum spoiler and a few decals, and then you get rice. I want to get neons someday too. There are well known people on here (not mentioning names) that have neons and they look awesome. Go and tell those poeple that their blazers are ricey and they will kick you to the next mellenium lmao.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:51 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: davtak

There are well known people on here (not mentioning names) that have neons and they look awesome. Go and tell those poeple that their blazers are ricey and they will kick you to the next mellenium lmao.
Yeah, go ahead and tell me my Blazer is ricey.........lol!

Anyways, you guys only think neons are ricey because the Fast and the Furious showcased ricers with neons. I have had neons glowing since 3 years before that movie came out. I had them on my 5.8 '89 Mustang GT, and on my bagged on 20's '94 Blazer Tahoe, and now on my '01 Blazer. I was doing neon back before all these little ricers started showing up, and so were a few other people I know with bad a$$ cars like a '65 Impala with 4 pump hydros and 20 Daytons, he had a gold set that really set off his Aztec Gold paint job. Neons have been around a lot longer than ricers have been running them, ricers just make neon look bad. I can agree about that. Just wait though until you have seen them on a truck like mine flying down the highway at 1 am doing 70 mph......it's an awesome sight.

As far as them breaking easily, yes. Cheap sets will bust in a heartbeat. I only go with Streetglow. Not only did they build me a custom 10 piece underbody setup, but they do theirs with impact resistant-shatterproof Lexan to protect the tube and your investment in them.

Euro: If you want just a basic setup, you are gonna need 2-30" tubes for front and rear, and 2-48" tubes for the sides, you will need extra wiring, a fuse block, and a switch. Most kits come with all of these things. I would get heatshrink tubing and electrical connections to hook it all up. Installthem like a pro and they will treat you good for years to come.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:22 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Some of those Fast and the Furious cars were actually pretty well done... And most of them hauled pretty good...

It's only rice if it's a ghetto looking setup...

Like a spoiler on the back of a sunfire, that someone didn't take the factory spoiler off...

Anywho, listen to rabbit, he knows what he's talkin' about, lol, get the right kind of neons, and they'll last... LED's do have the advantage of color changing... Not sure if neons can do that or not...

Quick Reply: What do I need for neons?