General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What do you dislike about your Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What do you dislike about your Blazer?

busted gas guage
busted a/c
bad gas mileage
inadequate factory lighting
broken seat recline handles
broken sun visor/vanity mirror covers
all relatively minor things really I still love my Blazer

Old 06-09-2007, 10:14 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: igot10pinitis

why do all the people complain about gas mileage and want a v8? If your pissed with your milage now, how MORE pissed would you be with a v8?
Good point 10pin... We all want V8s but we all want 30MPG! Sounds like there is a happy meduim between power and mileage: Maybe a 4.3L V6 that gets 21mpg?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind the V8, but I think if I ever wanted a different engine it would have to be the Envoy/TrailBlazer Inline 6

Old 06-09-2007, 02:38 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Well, considering the 350 gets at least as good gas mileage in a 1/2 ton truck, means that you won't noticea change in mileage, but get a lot more power...

And since I want a 5.3 with active fuel management, my mileage will go up.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Lee
Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

I want better gas mileage for this engine or the V8 option. For as small as this engine is, it sucks down gas.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:18 AM
builder123 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi my name is dave,i bought a 2000 blazer 4x4 it seems like every thing and anything is going wrong with it i thought it would be nice for my wife for the newengland weather.but im begining to think i made a bad choice it has 99,000 miles on it and the intake manifold leaks,ive had some balljoint work done at vip in concord nh.a couple days later the rubber on one of the balljoints was torn.so i brought it back to be repaired and the tech tells my wife that its ok to be that way.and that she turned the steering wheel to much. now my radiator has a crack some where,i think its on top ,drivers side. but im not to sure.im loosing my feelings for my blazer fast, is this normal,for a car to be having so many things go wrong,and is a radiator swap on these hard or is there a sealant that i could repair the radiator,? i dont raelly have 300.00 for a radiator. apreciate some feedback(help!!!!!!!!!)

Old 06-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

My Bravada treated me very well while I had it. With the 3.73 gears, it made for not the greatest milage, but it also had some pretty good grunt and pulled loaded hay wagons (plural) without issue.

I had to replace the injection spider, lower intake manifold gaskets, ball joints, shocks, and a power steering pump.

Like many, my truck had more than its share of squeaks and rattles while driving.

builder123
, that is not normal to have the ball joint boots tear. Something wasn't done correctly. For them to say that your wife turned the steering wheel too much is absolutely ludicrous. There is not such thing when it comes to ball joints. I would demand that they fix it properly or refund your money. This isn't a fault of the truck, but that of an incompetent shop.

On the problems you are experiencing, well, the problem is that if you didn't buy it new, you really do not know what the history is of the vehicle. You don't know what the previous owner(s) did to it or neglected to do to it. That is one of the bad parts of buying a used vehicle.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:14 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

As far as vehicle history,I'mglad I bought my Blazer from a family member!

Anyway another thing I dislike islack of places to run wires throught the firewall.