General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 01:37 PM
DoubleSh0t is on a distinguished road

Trying to diagnose an oil leak. So much for it being a "certified" vehicle. I'll fix it myself if it's easy enough, but if not I'm going through my extended warranty.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:09 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Well I painted/tinted my spare lights and hit my frame with some paint.... and the hitch with some undercoating... Well the I shat down my leg and hit the lights with sandpaper because i thought they looked dirty.... and they will probably not look even

Old 03-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

This past weekend, I changed the oil (mobil 1 5w30 synthetic), 1 quart of Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer and check the rear diff fluid level. Since adding the lucas the engine is quieter and runs very smooth. This is the first time I'm using this product, so I'm going to see if the claims are true.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:38 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
This past weekend, I changed the oil (mobil 1 5w30 synthetic), 1 quart of Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer and check the rear diff fluid level. Since adding the lucas the engine is quieter and runs very smooth. This is the first time I'm using this product, so I'm going to see if the claims are true.

Lucas products is about the only additive(s) i'll ever use in a vehicle.

even their claim about stoppping leaks is true. @ least it did in the 700R4 i used it in.

did wonders for one of the crapy manual trans that was in my '92 Jimmy

Old 03-15-2010, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
I've used Lucas before & have seen improvements & with the tranny too, it wouldn't go into reverse when it was cold.
Today I Seafoam Creep'ed the throttle body & got an extra 8oz bag of balance beads for the tires. 6oz wasn't enough because a few of the lugs got chewed so I'll split the 8oz bag into 4 & drop them in through the valve.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

re did my roof lights

Old 03-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

94 Blazer
Got my two keyless remotes in I bought off e-bay. Pretty good deal. $15.00 each. Programmed the keyless entry system. Took about 45 seconds. Works like a champ. The previous owner (wife's nephew) didn't even know he had the system in the truck. When I pulled the center console out to replace it - SURPRISE!!!
84 Jimmy
Went back to Waco to the salvage yard I bought the front clip from. My buddy and me had it off and in the truck and headed for home in about two and a half hours. Got everything (including the A/C condenser which still had the lines hooked up so it was semi-sealed) except the grille which is OK because I haven't decided to go original or aftermarket. Put about 400 miles on the daily driver but it's just fine. Got the stuff so cheap it was worth it. Not a dent or ding on the sheet metal.
For inquiring minds that want to know.
I paid $100.00 for the dash and all the gauges (in perfect shape) plus I got a new looking A/C control and dash trim pieces that cosmetically look faded but some overlay on them will make them look like new. Really don't need them though. Just couldn't pass it up. You can hardly find some of this stuff for the really old ones. I had a guy respond to a posting on a salvage yard website quote me $450.00 for a bare dash and a couple of guys quote $285.00 and $225.00 for the bare dash. The front clip ran me $200.00 and included the radiator support, both fenders, hood, cowl and the A/C condenser. Plus I have a windshield washer tank and pump (one of which leaks on mine), a spare cruise control servo and some misc. stuff like a fan, some engine brackets, etc.. So yes, I think I got a pretty good deal.

Last edited by Gimpy Blazer; 03-16-2010 at 02:44 AM. Reason: added onfo
Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 PM
DoubleSh0t is on a distinguished road

I found the source of my oil leak. It's coming from the oil filter access panel. It's going to be nicer this weekend so I'll remove that panel and hopefully it's just the filter that is loose.

I also had to lube up my hood release mechanism - I couldn't open my hood to check my oil today. After about 10 minutes of wiggling the latch release and pulling up on the hood it final popped open.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:57 PM
vanillathrilla is on a distinguished road

I just got done peanut buttering my fender flares on the ZR2...

It really did actually bring the faded grey spots back to black. Gotta love peanut oil!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:29 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

finally put on the stripes...2 days shipping....4 months in the closet...3 hr job.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?