General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:13 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I got it muddy today

Old 03-12-2010, 07:00 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Threw a few rags in the back. You never know when you need one. Other than that, nothing much.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Starting Member
DaveHearne is on a distinguished road

Put a bottle of cooling system flush in the radiator today - had to suck out half a pint or so to make room for it. Have a 60 mile round trip to do tomorrow so that should help loosen the dirt in there. Will then let it cool, drain it down & remove all the hoses & flush everything thoroughly before filling with Comma 5 year antifreeze mix - NOT Dexcool! I'm convinced that stuff is what caused the "mud" build-up in the 1st place, haven't heard much good news about Dexcool - not here in the UK anyway. Will put in a new thermostat while everything is apart as it's not running as hot as it used to according to the gauge. Hopefully then I won't have to touch anything on the cooling system for a long time - fingers crossed.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Am going to replace the whole dash on my 84 Jimmy so I bought one in perfect shape at a salvage yard. No cracks in it at all. Got it out of Waco only I had to pull it. Pretty cheap though. Don't want to tell how much and make people cry. So my buddy and I went to beautiful Waco and pulled the dash. Got all of the gauges and a spare A/C control plus the dash trim pieces kicked in for free. They look like they just came out of the factory. Only thing is it's black and mine is blue. Just have to paint it. It's OK though since I have other things that need painting in the interior. The Duplicolor plastic and vinyl paint works really well if you use an adhesion promoter first. Did my console project for my 94 Blazer with it in Charcoal Gray.
Needed a front clip for it too after young son ran it into a fire hydrant. Bought the whole thing while I was there BSing with the owner and people would really cry if I told how much. Not a ding on it and got the A/C condenser with it. No grille but that's OK. Going back Monday to pull it.

Last edited by Gimpy Blazer; 03-12-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:57 PM
jeffinpa is on a distinguished road

I finished mocking up a light bar to fit between the roof rack rails for my 99.
Just have to send out to powder coated and buy the fog lights and mount them.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:35 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jeffinpa
I finished mocking up a light bar to fit between the roof rack rails for my 99.
Just have to send out to powder coated and buy the fog lights and mount them.
Don't forget to show pics of the lights when done.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:08 PM
DoubleSh0t is on a distinguished road

I put new wiper blades on... the driver side still isn't wiping away enough water. I think the spring may not be tight enough. When it stops raining I'm going to try to swap the wiper arms to see if it makes a difference.

I also put vent shades on a few days ago. Little things make such a difference!

Old 03-13-2010, 06:42 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

I re-attached my license plate mount with a couple of drywall anchors, mounted my freshly painted (again) front tow hooks...back to black bed liner after I sanded them down to bare metal. I also took off some sort of plastic "protector" thing that was hanging off of the rear of my gas tank. Greased all fittings, replaced my idler arm, found and fixed a brake leak.

Ready to hit the trails again!

Old 03-13-2010, 10:38 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gimpy Blazer
Am going to replace the whole dash on my 84 Jimmy so I bought one in perfect shape at a salvage yard. No cracks in it at all. Got it out of Waco only I had to pull it. Pretty cheap though. Don't want to tell how much and make people cry. So my buddy and I went to beautiful Waco and pulled the dash. Got all of the gauges and a spare A/C control plus the dash trim pieces kicked in for free. They look like they just came out of the factory. Only thing is it's black and mine is blue. Just have to paint it. It's OK though since I have other things that need painting in the interior. The Duplicolor plastic and vinyl paint works really well if you use an adhesion promoter first. Did my console project for my 94 Blazer with it in Charcoal Gray.
Needed a front clip for it too after young son ran it into a fire hydrant. Bought the whole thing while I was there BSing with the owner and people would really cry if I told how much. Not a ding on it and got the A/C condenser with it. No grille but that's OK. Going back Monday to pull it.

how is it gonna make any of us cry? (never really understood that thinking).

if you got such a good deal, then you'd think you'd be shouting from the roof tops about it. (i know i was the other day)

Old 03-14-2010, 01:46 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cut off nasty exhaust tip and put a black one on. Looks better than a big off color pipe sticking out like 5 inches from the body like it was. Just got a cheap chrome plated tip, scuffed it up, and 3 layers of primer and 3 paint it's done.
Now I just got to replace the idler arm and patch up the rocker panels so I can pass inspection. Riding dirty with a rejected sticker right now!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?