General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:48 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Angry

I meant help from members on the forum,seems getting help is a difficult thing around here these days.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:32 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

not a thing on the jimmy, I need to do the brakes, but I have to drill out the wheel stud on the drivers side to get the tire off, and weather is not permitting.

Sold the 72 240z today and getting that thing out of the driveway though!

Old 05-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

cleaned it up, changed the oil, scored some 30x9 4 bfg ats for 150$ on craigslist

Old 06-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Starting Member
Robt77 is on a distinguished road

Checked the wheel bearings, bad news. Another one of those things I can't get away with in my parking lot.
https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge...phoenix-85985/

Old 06-01-2014, 02:55 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

yesterday for about the 5th time I put the transmission crossover back on,installed the dipstick and the plug to right hand side of the trans.Still need help with 4-5 more connections then I fire this thing up.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Beginning Member
Tazzorn is on a distinguished road
Default New head unit!

Had to make a double din head unit kit out of abs plastic. Turned out good had to do a lot of retro fitting for it to work right. pictures in my garage if anyone is interested in how.

When I put it all together I noticed that the bulb for my abs light is out had been on forever and I thought YAY! no more light. got up to 10mph and guess what brake light comes on! I'm seriously thinking about disconnecting it and seeing if anymore lights come on.

I got to get a new ecmb to fix the abs issue because its popping up that I have the rear isolator solenoid stuck in the open position which is quite possible but I am thinking about just rerunning the lines and cut the abs out completely anyone got any ideas or experience doing this?

Gonna buy my subs and amp soon found a decent set in a box for 125 so I gotta save some more money. and the dang door hinge spring popped out again so I'm not putting that thing back in.

Also finally smelled the gas after a full tank so no more filling it up all the way! gonna drop the tank eventually and see if I can find the pin hole. And while im at it ill change the fuel pump because it has 210xxx on it and its probably getting close to saying nope!

Old 06-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Starting Member
Robt77 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tazzorn
I got to get a new ecmb to fix the abs issue because its popping up that I have the rear isolator solenoid stuck in the open position which is quite possible but I am thinking about just rerunning the lines and cut the abs out completely anyone got any ideas or experience doing this?
!
Can those online repair places that rebuild ECMs replace the solenoid? From what I can tell they only fix the Kelsey Haynes units, I don't know what kind is in a 96.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:46 AM
Beginning Member
AGodlyCanuck is on a distinguished road

went back home to finish my work on it and found that my father had been working on it 0.o

he called it a late birthday gift lol
now i gotta get him something good for Fathers day =.=

Soooooo Today i will be Insuring it and taking it from my parents, to my home :3
where i can hold, it, hug it, love it, and name it Jeffery.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:44 AM
Beginning Member
Tazzorn is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Robt77
Can those online repair places that rebuild ECMs replace the solenoid? From what I can tell they only fix the Kelsey Haynes units, I don't know what kind is in a 96.
They can rebuild some of them but mine is one that they can't so I'm in the market to buy one or salvage one. If I can find a viable replacement I might try tearing Into it myself. I'd rather route around it though it seems like I don't have rear brakes. Still stops though just likes to slide in wet weather.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Beginning Member
dave's_k5 is on a distinguished road

Drove the old 79 K5 to work. Round trip is 45 miles. Replaced a pcv valve and a fuel filter.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?