General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:46 PM
ktjr2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Save some money on the Kicker and fosgate wiring and get some from KnuKonceptz Home REALLY good quality wire, for an amazing price.
im not trying to save the money man, i am a label hoe and half... thank you for the info though ill look into it for the system in my gas getter...

Old 07-02-2014, 12:39 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ktjr2
im not trying to save the money man, i am a label hoe and half... thank you for the info though ill look into it for the system in my gas getter...
Better quality with knukonceptz, Just saying..

Old 07-02-2014, 07:15 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

front rotors and pads , did the rears last weekend
pads were nearly gone and squeeler just started making noise

Old 07-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member
Kong1970 is on a distinguished road

New air filter and cleaned the MAF and the throttle body today. Throttle body was not too bad but a bit of carbon in there. Hoping for a little better MPG.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

No luck selling ours. Few in this part of the country want anything to do with vehicles over 10 years old ... let alone over 20 years old! I'm asking what I feel it's worth .. which is probably more than most are willing to pay. Oh well. No sweat if I just keep it. Makes a great yard horse.

It came in handy the other day for my buddy. I threw a set of tires on his '02 GSXR750, and found his front wheel bearing was completely smoked ... at 7pm on a Saturday. He left the bike here & drove the Blazer home, an hour southwest of here. Parts are ordered.

I texted him an hour after he left, asking if he made it ok. He comes back, "Yeah it's a little crickety, but it got me home ok".

No one said these things were Rolls Royces!

Old 07-03-2014, 09:37 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kong1970
New air filter and cleaned the MAF and the throttle body today. Throttle body was not too bad but a bit of carbon in there. Hoping for a little better MPG.
You want carbon in there. Shiny is no good

Old 07-03-2014, 12:30 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Better quality with knukonceptz, Just saying..
I second this. I used their 4awg amp kit for my 600rms sub and amp duo and they supply power well. Also used their wire to do the big 3 upgrade with 0awg. That crap is so thick, I had to take some wire off to get it to fit in a 0awg terminal ring. As far as I'm concerned, KnuKonceptz is the top of the line when it comes to awg. With Rockford Fosgate and the likes, you are literally paying more for the brand ONLY.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:37 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

What did I do today on the Jimmy.. Got it towed home.
Chelsea was driving it to Minneapolis (15 minute drive) was about a mile away, and it died at a stop light. Fired right back up with a flick of the key.
Then she was in Minneapolis, and it died again and did not start back up.
Fuel pump is kicking on, and it has good pressure and leakdown passes.
I did not feel like Checking for spark today. I will do that tomorrow. So annoying.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
No luck selling ours. Few in this part of the country want anything to do with vehicles over 10 years old ... let alone over 20 years old! I'm asking what I feel it's worth .. which is probably more than most are willing to pay. Oh well. No sweat if I just keep it. Makes a great yard horse.

It came in handy the other day for my buddy. I threw a set of tires on his '02 GSXR750, and found his front wheel bearing was completely smoked ... at 7pm on a Saturday. He left the bike here & drove the Blazer home, an hour southwest of here. Parts are ordered.

I texted him an hour after he left, asking if he made it ok. He comes back, "Yeah it's a little crickety, but it got me home ok".

No one said these things were Rolls Royces!
glad he got it home. the amount of **** u got done on the blazer....id buy it lol. man if i were u id keep it forever...tooo much money in it no profit ya know...

What did I do today on the Jimmy.. Got it towed home.
Chelsea was driving it to Minneapolis (15 minute drive) was about a mile away, and it died at a stop light. Fired right back up with a flick of the key.
Then she was in Minneapolis, and it died again and did not start back up.
Fuel pump is kicking on, and it has good pressure and leakdown passes.
I did not feel like Checking for spark today. I will do that tomorrow. So annoying.
its the pumpolistion valve connected to the propitiation valve. which makes things work.....do u believe me? no? fine. lol <3 fix yo stuff. u know yo ****.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
glad he got it home. the amount of **** u got done on the blazer....id buy it lol. man if i were u id keep it forever...tooo much money in it no profit ya know...
I hear ya there! Thousands of hours of labor ... not to mention all the parts. I'm just so sick of working on it. Needs a front U joint already - I just put the damn thing in 3 or 4 years ago. Front brakes are getting thin - only 4 years on those too. Then of course it needs the front diff extracted to find out what broke in there to cause the axles to not engage. It does run great though - tons of power. It's fun to drive, if you can handle all the incessant squeaks and rattles ...

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?