General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Beginning Member
knightryderx2 is on a distinguished road

A few days ago I put the billet grille and clear coners on. Last week I put my intake in. Yesterday I did a nice little bit of a tune up; changed oil, spark plugs and coolant. Also balanced and rotated the tires. Last thing on my list is an alignment.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:40 PM
MrTwister is on a distinguished road

Took advantage of the nice weather to wash the underside of the Blazer and give it a shot of undercoating....I bought this thing as a beater with the plans to drive it into the ground...now im washing the damn thing.....damn it, think I'm falling in love.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:58 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Well the soon to be brother in law had his alternator die, and we tried jumping him twice, but ended up with me pulling him the last 4 blocks, he has a 5.7L 98 Silverado....

Was easy as cake...

Old 03-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Beginning Member
knightryderx2 is on a distinguished road

Well today I fixed my dead odometer and gear selector display. Took all of 15 minutes. Mostly cuz I was watching tv at the same time. The first pin the connects the gear selector display to the main board had a cold solder...

Old 03-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Chasing down electrical issue on the 94 Blazer. Sometimes drains the battery a ways and starts kinda slow. Intermittant. Pulled the wires off the junction block and cleaned them up. They were pretty oxidized and just plain nasty. Didn't think that was the problem though. Finally broke down and jacked it up and got underneath to check for loose wires on the solenoid. Bingo! You could turn the cable nut by one finger (which is only what I could out on it anyway). pulled the starter and solenoid. Started checking the solenoid and found the center of it could rotate inside it's housing. The cable stud also looked kinda cooked from the loose nut. Didn't think that was right. Never seen that before so I decided to replace it. Got one bolt out pretty easy but (wouldn't you know on this truck) the other one snapped off. Tried to remove it but didn't have an easy-out handy so I just ended up replacing the starter too. Worls good. Now we'll see if the original problem is fixed. Can you say money pit?

Old 03-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Beginning Member
boost3d is on a distinguished road

Cut the Valence off, Painted the Wheels black, Took off the chrome trim around wheel wells. Final result truck= *******.

http://i39.tinypic.com/nfkv34.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/1629t87.jpg

Last edited by swartlkk; 03-18-2010 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Linked to large pictures instead of displaying them. Get them resized before posting them again.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

what the hell!?!

resize your pic's brother-ASAP! your post is almost 2 screens wide!
and while you're doing that, PLEASE READ THIS.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:02 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Finally got the hole filled where the factory cassette player was and got the switches mounted for my lights. Got half the wiring done. Will hopefully finish wiring before the weekend is over. Tonight: going to help my brother remove tranny from his '94 Blazer. Also, hope to have his new tranny installed and running before the weekend is over.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-03-18-10_1330.jpg  
Old 03-18-2010, 08:20 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ ugh, ya beat me to it jdespain!

well...........i scored another deal @ one of my local wreckers today.

most of the time, i only find early 2nd gen Blazer/Jimmy's around here ('95-'96-'97's), but today my luck changed.

found a '98 SLT 4 door 4x4 Jimmy. pewter skin, dark grey interior. scored a spotless TCCM, and a completely mint rear window. the major bonus on the window is, my truck doesn't have the 3rd BL on the window-it's on the cab, and i've never come across another truck like that before. even grabbed the 3rd BL too (just incase). also grabbed all of the rear TL plugs (just cut off the whole harness) so i can finally get my Brazilian tail's done (only had them since the begining of November!). grabbed another HL switch w/factory fog's in it. found a 1st gen rear view mirror that was busted in half, so i snagged map lights & switches from it, since there are no rear seat interior lights in my truck. don't know why, i've come across 2 other moon roof trucks that had a nice large dome light right @ the back of moon roof.

so......i picked up:

- 1 clean TCCM,
- 1 mint rear window-with the pistons,
- 3rd brake light,
- all of the left & right rear TL plugs,
- HL switch w/factory fog's,
- map light & switches from a 1st gen rear view mirror.

all for only $125!

and i found a moon roof for Alex if he want's it.

Last edited by old skool luvr; 03-18-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:29 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

and i found a moon roof for Alex if he want's it.
Damn, If it was a sunroof I'd be all over it lol. J/K

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?