General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 06:32 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Replaced front brake pads on my 89 S15 Jimmy. The wear indicator on the passenger side started making a squeak.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:51 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Thursday I replaced the radiator and lower radiator hose on my wife's '00 Blazer. As a reward I got to drive it for twenty minutes! I noticed a nail in the left front tire so it's going to the tire shop sometime later this week to have that removed and patched. After that I will replace the rear shocks and then do something about the leaking oil cooler lines. I haven't decided if I want to do the hose-and-double-clamp method or go for real hydraulic lines with compression fittings. I'm open to any of your suggestions on that one.

Old 01-19-2015, 03:08 PM
dhud64 is on a distinguished road

Over the weekend got 'er washed and waxed.
Today replaced the water pump.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:46 AM
Beginning Member
TexasRaider is on a distinguished road

Recently added a K&N air filter. Painted my roof rails that I am going to use to replace the factory ones to mount my newly acquired roof rack. Also cut plates for the roof rack so I can attach my LED light bar to it. What should be a one day project is going to be stretched out a bit due to my work schedule/weather/lack of daylight. Can't wait to finish this project and show off some pics. Also got a bid on rebuilding my front end. May end up doing it myself, but finding the time is tough!

Old 01-22-2015, 03:04 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I spent some more quality time with my wife's 2000 Blazer today. I replaced the rear shocks and then fixed a strange issue with the electrical system. Ever since we bought it about four years ago the radio had a strange problem where it would occasionally just cut out as though the power to it had been cut. The first time I looked at it I noticed that the driver info center in the overhead console cut out at the same time as the radio. The problem went away so I stopped worrying about it. With all the work I've been doing to it lately the radio problem has come back, although this time the radio just had no power at all. After spending some time reviewing the wiring diagram I traced the problem back to the fuse panel. The socket where the RDO IGN fuse goes had become loose and the fuse wasn't making contact with it any more. I pulled the fuse panel out and removed that terminal and very gently pressed the little flanges back together so they would make proper contact with the blades of the fuse. I put it all back together and drove it over the railroad tracks several times to test it out and it works perfectly now.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:56 AM
Beginning Member
TexasRaider is on a distinguished road

Sweet!

Old 01-22-2015, 07:48 PM
cferry7 is on a distinguished road
Default Rear Bumper Battery Trays

1995 Gmc Jimmy 4.3 L vortek 4wd. SLT

Yesterday completed install of Rear Step Bumper. Original was a Stock Plain Bumper
which was crushed in rear end accident Sept. 2014. Need to paint it to match vehicle.
Quite a task considering its just the bumper.
Step bumper is heavier and larger.
Used new extended brackets.

Today cleaned and painted both Battery Trays.
Yes, running a dual battery setup sometimes for accessories and Winter Battery conditions.

ch

Old 01-23-2015, 07:03 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road

Gave her a bath.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-5c5a587a-8256-4d58-a418-fd1ea86ccf5a_zpswz8hp6qg.jpg  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:21 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Got tired of the crappy vacuum actuator. Installed a locking t handle cable system

Old 01-23-2015, 11:05 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_4x4 is on a distinguished road

I was sick and tired of getting hit on top of the head with the rear glass when loading and unloading, so today I replaced the two gas charged lift supports on the rear glass of my 2003 LS 4-door and while I was at it I also purchased and replaced the two lift-gate (tailgate) gas charged strut supports at the same time.
I should have done this a long time ago, no more headaches.

Gas Charged Lift Support SG230051 for the glass

Gas Charged strut for the lift-gate (drop down tailgate) SG430018

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-%24_12.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-s-l140.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?