General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 02:58 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
I figured out I will be able to get the 4wd working again before winter
I bet that's a great feeling. I have a wedding to attend in the mountains in February and I'm really looking forward to using 4WD in the Blazer for that trip. There's nothing like knowing you've got a Blazer ready to go in any kind of weather.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:00 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I got a little bit more work done on my wife's 2000 Blazer today. I put new Kenwood speakers in the rear doors. Since I had the door panels off I vacuumed all of the dust out of the doors. They had become incredibly dusty. This truck originally came from Oklahoma and I suspect it was driven a lot with the windows open because every time I take a panel off and open something up the truck is just loaded with dust and dirt.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:40 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Toby Hanson
I bet that's a great feeling. I have a wedding to attend in the mountains in February and I'm really looking forward to using 4WD in the Blazer for that trip. There's nothing like knowing you've got a Blazer ready to go in any kind of weather.
It is, went all last winter with no 4wd, and with the g80 it can get loose pretty easy.

What had happened was the seal between the t-case and tranny was leaking filling up the t-case, then it got too full and started spewing out the vent tube and made its way past the vac switch.

Got the seal fixed at the shop, then I got told that fluid most likely made it past the vac switch because the 4wd tried to engage itself when going 65 (not good noises)
I pulled the vac lines off to stop that and sure enough, fluid got in them. So I did some more reading and found that if that happens it can make it thoruhg the whole system, then you have to unhook everything and blow compressed air through it all.
Luckily it did not make it to the engine bay to get into any other vac lines. So all I have to do is pull off the 3 lines that lead to the t-case and have both ends open, blow some compressed air through them and put on the new vac switch. Then will be back to pulling people out of ditches.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

That happened on our '00 Jimmy. Kept wondering where the hell the fluid was going! Quart after quart kept disappearing, and outside of the pan was dry as a bone.

When I parted it out, I found the t-case full to the brim, and the vacuum orb as well. It eventually made it's way up into the engine to be burned. Odd thing was, we never had any 4x4 issues with that thing (after fixing all the vacuum leaks when we first got it). Everything else on that truck was a problem ...

Old 09-25-2015, 06:03 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
That happened on our '00 Jimmy. Kept wondering where the hell the fluid was going! Quart after quart kept disappearing, and outside of the pan was dry as a bone.

When I parted it out, I found the t-case full to the brim, and the vacuum orb as well. It eventually made it's way up into the engine to be burned. Odd thing was, we never had any 4x4 issues with that thing (after fixing all the vacuum leaks when we first got it). Everything else on that truck was a problem ...
I am glad it did not make it to the vac orb or anything under the hood, which blows my mind completely. The seal must have just gave out in one quick go because fluid was shooting out of the vent tube on the firewall

Old 09-25-2015, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Today i played with the timing advance for kicks. Now it wont runs like poo. You'd think id learn about not touching stuff.

Sadly i have no timing light anymore. Either i bum one or buy one.

Chris,you're an idiot. just saying. LOL

Old 09-25-2015, 07:43 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by chris015
Today i played with the timing advance for kicks. Now it wont runs like poo. You'd think id learn about not touching stuff.

Sadly i have no timing light anymore. Either i bum one or buy one.

Chris,you're an idiot. just saying. LOL
I wont disagree with you there LOL

Old 09-25-2015, 07:49 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

I love you too LOL

Old 09-25-2015, 08:29 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by chris015
I love you too LOL
haha

I gotchu on the timing light!

Old 09-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Starting Member
ffpickle is on a distinguished road

I pulled my 86 K5 out of the brush and cleaned it off. Then sent it to the mechanic with a brand new crate motor !! Can't wait !!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?