General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:53 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

You can make your own. Go to a farm supply store and you can buy huge mud flaps that you can cut up and make better ones!

Old 03-23-2010, 07:55 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Installed receiver hitch on my truck that I got from my brother's donor truck. Now I just have to get a new receiver, hitch pin, and ball. Still cheaper than buying the whole thing.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:25 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the comment! Well if you didnt know i am going to school for auto collision and refinishing, and its a slow week so i had some time and high quality materials at my disposal, so i figured ill get some work done to the interior. They started out as the stock textured pices, then put some adheasion premoter so everything would stick. After that i put 2 coats of primer to cover up some of the texture. After the primer dryed I sanded it as smooth as i could using p400 grit sand paper. After i sanded the first 2 coats of primer there was still some texture left so i put 2 more coats so it would be super smooth. So after it dryed i sanded it again till all the texture was gone. After that i looked up the color code for my jimmy and mixed up some of that, so it would match the exterior color. Put 2 coats of the base black. After that flashed off i mixed up some clearcoat and applyed 2 coats of that and let it dry. The clear i used is special air dry clear so in an hour it was compleatly dry. The products that i used were all Martin Senour automotive paints.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Caddy engine is all back together and running better than ever! Parts cost $80 total! Not too bad. Now I have to get after the rear brakes tomorrow.

LOL. I muddied up the side yard pretty good with my K5 today too. We got around 2.5" of rain last night and I thought it would be fun to make ruts in the side yard...

Old 03-23-2010, 08:33 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Put on the new O2 sensor...new rear pads...new right rear caliper and new thermostat. No more check engine light for me

Old 03-23-2010, 09:42 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Yay Sisk!

I washed my truck... and it's gonna rain Friday. *sigh*

Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Well today I removed the rear access panel on the tailgate. Window was being a pain to roll up lately so I took the window out, scraped off a few old stickers that were bugging me as well as some over-spray paint (dunno where it came from). Once I was done with the window itself I greased up all the internal components and what do ya know, nearly all of the existing grease was gone, window rolls up like a champ now.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:38 PM
R3MiX is on a distinguished road

working on the k5 has been slow lately. didnt do anything today, but yesterday i installed the second battery, along with putting a battery saver between the two batteries so i can only ever kill the main one, with the secondary left to start the truck. Also removed one door, just to see the doorless look. I like it. So now I have the dilemna of either cutting the existing doors, and creating half doors out of them; or either fabbing up or buying tube doors. My girlfriend doesnt seem to enthusiastic about tubes, so half doors may be the way to go.

EDIT: Almost forgot, found out today my boss owns a 16 ft car hauler. so trailering to go places might be an option after all

Last edited by R3MiX; 03-24-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:57 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Went to the junkyard and got some skid plates off a zr2, was easy besides it raining out and only cost $14.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:00 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

^^nice find

took off my rear sway bar. Haven't noticed it handling any different. hopefully it will perform a little better off road

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?