General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 10:44 PM
TxTurtle is on a distinguished road

I had the pleasure of giving mine the gift of a new battery about an hour ago. Just bought a cheap one at Napa & ended up getting 20% off on a bucket special they had. Walked out the door for less than $80.
I was happy to get one at that price.
I would have bought a better one, but still haven't convinced the wife that we should keep this & fix it vs keeping the yukon & it's payment. It's desire to require me to put money into it lately isn't helping the wife see my point of view though. LOL

Old 04-14-2016, 06:48 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Good deal! REALLY good these days.

All batteries in the USA are made by one of 3 companies. Chances are if you spent more on it, you would've got the same thing - just different logos on the exterior.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:51 AM
Beginning Member
french69ssrs is on a distinguished road
Default What have you gotten done on your Blazer today ?

Hi All
What I got done in a Week !
Bought a really nice 2002 ZR-2 Blazer for my Son, 125,000miles on the Clock.
No Rust, had to do a few things. He’s is away at College,Replacing his 03 ZR-2 S-10 Pickup.
First few had to go to my Mechanic as I do not have the Timeor a Press for the “U-Joints”

At his Shop -
  • Replaced both Front Hubs – R/H bearing was “noisy”and the ABS Brakes kept doing that Walking Application, Going off just beforeyou came to a Slow Stop. Fixed it when the L/H Hub was replaced, Oh Well.
  • Replaced the Drive Shaft Universal Joints, wasgetting a Hum/ Groan between 30 and 60 MPH. He said the Rear “U” Joint wasTight.
  • Had the Transmission Serviced – Just easier tohave him do it now.
My Garage –
  • Air Only coming out of Dash Vents - Replaced theHeater Control Switch, Leaking Vacuum. Took Switch apart, Could not get theRubber control Pad to Seat. ( eBay $34.00 ) Found now the Mode Vacuum Actuatoris bad, will buy one from ( eBay $38.00 ) and replace when he comes home nextMonth.
  • Drivers Door Panel/ Arm Rest was Blown Out whereit attaches to the Door Assy. Removed the Door Panel and took the Arm Rest/Handle off, had all the Little Plastic pieces so I glued them back together,took 2, ¼” Fender washers. Trimmed themdown to fit in the Back of the Channels and then Glued them in with “JB Weld”,made sure I spread it back and up the Sides – Let it Dry overnight, Like New,very Strong.
  • While I had the Drivers Door panel off, the Driversoutside Mirror was Burnt from the Heated Backing I guess, so I bought anotherHeated/ Remote Mirror and replaced that ( eBay $31.00 ).
  • Replaced the Drivers Remote Mirror ControlSwitch, was not working, from the “Blazer Forum” Trouble shot the Switch to bebad, I have an 02 Silverado, so I borrowed that Switch and it worked, Orderedone and Replaced that too ( eBay $13.00 )
  • Rear Window Struts would not hold the Window Up –Replaced them ( eBay $21.00 for Both )
  • L/H Turn Signal was Flashing twice as fast asthe R/H – Found one of the L/R Brake Light Bulbs Burnt out, Replaced that withone I had in my “Bulb Box”
  • Cleanedthe Top of the Radiator Neck, was cruddy and the Radiator Cap Seal was Cracked.Replaced the Radiator cap with an OEM Cap, will flush when he gets home ( eBay $8.00)
  • Boughtthe 2002 Blazer Owners Manual and threw that in the glove Compartment ( eBay $10.00)
  • Gotthe Rubber “Cup Holder” that was missing – Used, Nice One ( eBay $11.00 )
  • Hada New Stereo/ Blue Tooth, Streaming thing Installed with Microphone for Hands on CellPhone Calls – hope to make it safer for my Kids, Same Stereo for my DaughtersJeep Liberty – They are going to use their Phones no matter how much we Preachto them how unsafe it is to Drive and be distracted with the Cell J
He loves his New Blazer
Timmy

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-02-blazer-2.jpg  
Old 04-14-2016, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Good deal! REALLY good these days.

All batteries in the USA are made by one of 3 companies. Chances are if you spent more on it, you would've got the same thing - just different logos on the exterior.
I bought a Titan battery for my 72 VW bug at Home Depot for a few bucks more than this, but they have a very limited selection of batteries. You have to really look to find a good deal on batteries these days. NAPA is one of the few parts stores that sells them cheap. Walmart used to have good deals on batteries, but they may be getting out of the battery business or something, none of the ones around here have car batteries in stock any more.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by french69ssrs
Hi All
What I got done in a Week !
Bought a really nice 2002 ZR-2 Blazer for my Son, 125,000miles on the Clock.
No Rust, had to do a few things. He’s is away at College,Replacing his 03 ZR-2 S-10 Pickup.
Sounds like a good upgrade for college. I took my 62 Chevy stepside to college & ended up taking it home & bringing back a civic. People would toss their trash in the beds of trucks there & couldn't leave anything in the bed without worrying about it being taken. Namely my tools. Too many to haul back & forth to the dorm room & nowhere to keep them in the dorm anyhow. I could store my tools and a few other things in the trunk of the civic like without worry though.

Last edited by TxTurtle; 04-14-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:55 PM
Beginning Member
french69ssrs is on a distinguished road
Default What have you gotten done on your Blazer today ?

Hey TX
I had a Tonneau Cover on it, Keeps the Junk and Kids Joy Riding around in the Back !
He also had asked about getting a Back Seat (Hmmm) on that one and Storage room in the Back, He does go out into the “Field” for Renewable Resource Engineering, Rain Gear, Cold Weather stuff.
Should have put “Nerf Bars” on it, he ran the Side of the Cab/ Bed down the Gas Pump Pipe Protector and caved the Side in !

I also wanted to include the Picture I took of the Drivers Door Handle/ Arm Rest Repair I did using Fender Washers and JB Weld.

Timmy

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-102_4878.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-102_4879.jpg  
Old 04-14-2016, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Always wanted to do a V8 in mine, but I had the '00 Jimmy engine for free - had to use what I had.

I can live vicariously through you, Chris, LOL - I'll be looking forward to that build.
Originally Posted by rexmburns
That's if we can get him to do a thread and then keep it updated lol!

YOU CAN DO IT CHRIS!!!
dang u guys. peer pressure sucks LOL.

il take pictures though. maybe if i remember.

So we had a hail storm of the century. and guess what? it put 100000000000 dents in my new hood...So,i guess il be buying bondo and skinning this brand new hood. i need a hug.

Last edited by chris015; 04-14-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:17 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
dang u guys. peer pressure sucks LOL.

il take pictures though. maybe if i remember.

So we had a hail storm of the century. and guess what? it put 100000000000 dents in my new hood...So,i guess il be buying bondo and skinning this brand new hood. i need a hug.
Before you do the bondo route. Get some compressed air cans and a heat gun and do the hot to cold method.

Get it super hot with the heat gun then tip the can upside down to get it super cold, decent chance of the dent popping out.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:08 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road

I took off 4 1/2 of my lug nuts trying to swap out winter tires for my summers. Tomorrow at work I guess I have to take the last 1/2 of a lug nut off.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:44 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

2 moog upper problem solver balljoints

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?