General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 03:40 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Nice you having them bump up performance a bit?
Sure am!

Old 05-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

That reminds me. The bumpstick (camshaft) you said you were using claimed "adjustable valvetrain required". Did you have to change the pushrod length? Or what adjustments did you have to make?

To stay on point with this thread. I replaced my leaking power steering cooler with an aftermarket upgrade.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:59 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Rusty Nuts
That reminds me. The bumpstick (camshaft) you said you were using claimed "adjustable valvetrain required". Did you have to change the pushrod length? Or what adjustments did you have to make?

To stay on point with this thread. I replaced my leaking power steering cooler with an aftermarket upgrade.
If your referring to me, i`ve change my mind on the cam for now. Seen other trucks with it done and dont think it will be good for me for a daily drive. Thats for now anyway. And as far as I know stock pushrod length

Old 05-13-2016, 12:37 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Hey everyone!

I finally got busy and washed the green winter grime off the wife's '00 Blazer yesterday. All the rain in Western Washington leaves green grime on the vehicles. That, combined with the large amounts of sticky pollen the last couple weeks, coated the Blazer in lots of junk. It sparkles now!

Old 05-21-2016, 05:55 AM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road
Default Tires and rims

I finally got around to doing this. Broke down the rear wheels and had the beads ground down so the damn things would not leak anymore(or that's what I hope for) and reinstalled the Cooper Discoverer SLT M&S tires re-installed. That was on Thursday. On Friday i had my brand new 235/75/r15 Cooper Discoverer HT tires installed.Again while the wheels were off the beads were ground and sealed. I hope this is going to cure the bead leak.

Now on to the next thing

Regards

Old 05-21-2016, 06:25 AM
BF Veteran

tightened header bolts. cleaned egr and mass airflow sensor

Old 05-21-2016, 06:49 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Currently in the process of color matching the grille white to match the truck from the OG black. I will post pictures in my build thread when finished.

*edit* Deleted the resonator today, got rid of an annoying rattle from it and cleaned up the back. Was an ugly looking thing.

Last edited by richphotos; 05-22-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:15 AM
Starting Member

Went out to local bone yard and picked up the 3/8" pipe that runs from the a/c condenser to the evaporator that has the high side service port(mine is leaking). Actually I picked up 2 just in case. Need to install it now

Picked up a few other odds and ends as well.

regards

Old 05-26-2016, 08:05 AM
Starting Member

Made appointment with A/C shop to have air looked at and repaired properly. Tired of being frustrated with it Wed at 0800 eastern we will see what we will see

Old 05-26-2016, 09:07 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Sup peeps.

Well,the v8 swap is at a hault right now. Some bathroom remodeling stole all my extra cash. So, it'll be a month before i can finish that.

But,i did get me a new subwoofer. Alpine R. Im off work this weekend and im headed to the yard to find me some cavalier seats so i can pull my old ones,swap them,install my new carpet,and run my new subwoofer cables etc to the rear and install my new sub/box.

Im also in need of some front door panels (power doors/locks). black or charcoal. None of the yards has any. ebay wants a retarded amount for some.

Last edited by chris015; 05-26-2016 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?