General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

^Does anyone know who this guy is? He must be a new member or something huh!

Old 05-26-2016, 12:45 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexmburns
^Does anyone know who this guy is? He must be a new member or something huh!
I have no idea who that person is.

I think a more fitting username for them would be "v8swapcoming2017"

Old 05-26-2016, 05:11 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Imma smack both of you. lol

I know imma try to get on here more often. Promise.

Old 05-27-2016, 10:14 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road
Smile

Fixed pesky P0452 code. CEL has been on for months... Blazer now due for NYS inspection, so I had to attack it.

After checking for the 5V reference voltage at connector, replaced the pressure sensor. The part was not expensive, so why not? Despite instructions to the contrary, it's fairly easy to remove the sensor without dropping the tank. Drop the spare tire, crawl up in there, and use a mirror to see the sensor and get oriented. Code came right back on 2nd startup...

Further diagnostic instructions involve reading live data, which I don't have a scannner for, but decided to keep trying. The code coming right back indicated (to me) a wiring fault, so I looked for defects in the harness, following it all the way under the truck and into the engine compartment. Didn't see anything unusual...

Next was to check for continuity from the green signal wire at sensor connector to the VCM. Easier said than done... Which wire is it? Diagrams found here show the wire terminates at pin 45 of blue connector, but that pin was unused on my vehicle. Using a jerry-rigged ohmmeter with extensions on the probes. I checked for continuity to every green wire... Nada! I then checked every pin on both connectors in case wire changed color at a splice... Nada again!

Searching online, I found a pinout from a different GM vehicle which used the "411" computer, same as in my truck. Connection #890 to pressure sensor terminated at pin 65 of red connector. Looked there and wire was green. Checked again for continuity and found none... OK, here goes...

I stripped off a bit of insulation at both ends of the wire and made a temporary connection, running wire around the outside of truck. Started it up and CEL went out! Tried a few more times and light stayed out, so I did my best to run wire neatly, taping it to outside of harness through engine compartment and under truck to sensor connector. Soldered both ends and taped them up... Light has been off since Monday, drove around 200 miles in the interim... Gotta get it inspected quick.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:36 PM
Beginning Member
Shauniscool123 is on a distinguished road
Smile 3" blazer body lift

I have a 2001 Chevy Blazer, and I want to do a 3" body lift to it so I can put bigger tires on it.
I'm going to use the stock rims that came with my Blazer, will I be able to fit
31X10.50R15Lt on my blazer with the same rims after the body lift with no issues?
Need anyone and everyones advice! Thanks.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:34 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Franco
Fixed pesky P0452 code. CEL has been on for months... Blazer now due for NYS inspection, so I had to attack it.

............ .
Ahh the joys of OBD-II ... at least you were able to fix it.

I'll take points & carburetor adjustments any day over this crap.

Old 05-28-2016, 12:09 PM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
Ahh the joys of OBD-II ... at least you were able to fix it.

I'll take points & carburetor adjustments any day over this crap.
Yeah, especially since the engine was running fine... I'll never get that afternoon back... and yeah, I miss being able to fine-tune your timing and such. We don't need no stinkin' computer!

Old 05-29-2016, 08:38 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Hear hear!

Old 05-29-2016, 03:19 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I installed a new window regulator in my Coly. Wasn't anything on a blazer, but I did something so I'm putting it here.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
I installed a new window regulator in my Coly. Wasn't anything on a blazer, but I did something so I'm putting it here.
We dont want to hear it than! LOL JK!

Was it a fun job?

I did nothing on the TB today besides make people uncomfortable listening to extremely bass heavy rap with all 4 windows down

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?