General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 12:13 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

It would yes, so I would have it running when ever using the winch like most people. It wouldn't take long with a good current draw to kill a battery winching! The issue is most winches are powered all the time. I've read of people who have had their winches tampered with. Plus controlling when mine is on prevents any wireless interference issues. Don't need to have the winch self destruct.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

My winch is wired direct to the battery and I don't have any issue with drain. I really like how clean your install looks I need to stop being lazy and copy you lol! Where did you buy your wire and supplies from?

Old 06-07-2016, 03:37 AM
Beginning Member
Fumblingwisdom is on a distinguished road

Fixed rough Idle cleaning EGR valve
Cleaned IAC valve
Changed Oil
Changed Spark Plugs
Cleaned inside and out
Fixed Stereo
Fixed Tailgate latch

First time running in a while, so far so good

Old 06-07-2016, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
My winch is wired direct to the battery and I don't have any issue with drain. I really like how clean your install looks I need to stop being lazy and copy you lol! Where did you buy your wire and supplies from?
It is wired directly to the battery. The inline switch controls power for the contactor/solenoid box. So if I don't have the switch on (which requires accessory power, just what I used), the winch won't operate. Otherwise it would be possible for anyone with a winch controller (even wired) to plug in and run the winch. Which could be bad if they run the cable over the hood and roof and hook it to the back hitch or shackle. Very unlikely to happen, however not worth the little bit of extra time and money to install the control switch. The wire is just from knukonceptz 1 gauge power wire, misc lugs and cable glands from elecdirect. I decided to also get an inexpensive hydraulic crimper. It's something that made this job a lot easier, and will be used more in the future.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:45 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

knukonceptz wire is larger than they say it is too. I love that stuff. Great wire for the price.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:04 PM

Ya tell me how I know :S I had to drill out the 4g heavy duty lugs I got in order to fit the wire in. Even after that it was still a tight fit.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:11 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Might need to get me some 20' of that Kolossus Kandy 1/0 green for my battery relocation box in my truck. But for almost $100 it would be worth it to just buy a new battery though.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:03 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Ordered in channel rain guards for the windows and new black headlight housings. Will be here and put in on Friday. Pics will be in my build thread.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Thogert
Might need to get me some 20' of that Kolossus Kandy 1/0 green for my battery relocation box in my truck. But for almost $100 it would be worth it to just buy a new battery though.
That's why I just went the cheaper stuff for the winch. For a battery relocate I would go with the good stuff though.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:57 PM
BF Veteran

New headlight housings are in, they look great.
Also installed the wind/rain guards on the windows. They are the in channel design which looks much better. The only down side to those is you cant open the windows for 24 hours. Thankfully its hot as can be and the AC is ice cold.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?