General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 12:25 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Here's the current code... Going to check plugs under the dash this afternoon. I did after all just have the dash out doing the heater core AND the airbag and steering wheel off changing the turn signal switch, maybe I forgot to plug something back in...

Old 11-07-2017, 04:47 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Well I feel dumb... Figured out my immediate airbag light issue. I popped the airbag out and the plug literally fell out... So I plugged it back in, turned the key, it went through it's normal flashy initialization test, and went out. Double checked it with the scanner, no current or pending codes So the airbag light is off for the time being. Still have one of the replacement sensors on the bottom of the radiator support so we'll see if that maybe fixed the random airbag light on and off that was occurring before. Fingers crossed!

Since I was on a warning light putting out roll, I decided to look again at why my service engine light was still on. Scanner showing no signal from the fuel tank pressure sensor. I had an extra so I figured I'd swap it out really quick since it's super easy to get to now that the spare is on the rear mounted carrier Popped the old one off and found the rubber seal was DESTROYED when I popped it in last time, so that wasn't helping... I took the new one and greased up the seal and popped it into place, cleared the code, and the light still came back on, same code... So I had my buddy watch the live data from the sensor as I wiggled the harness around that the fuel pump and that sensor is plugged into, and as I moved the harness around it would randomly get a reading and then drop out, sooooooo, I have a wiring issue... be it a ground issue or just a chafed wire somewhere. Everything still works right, fuel gauge and pump, so at least it's not keeping the truck down, just annoying looking at that light all the time...

But I at least have a direction to go now!

Old 11-07-2017, 06:19 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Flushed the heater core again tonight... hooked it into the return line and it blew the hose right off, so I hooked it into the feed hose and turned up the pressure, and she pored out. Waited till she was clear and then returned the hose to the return line and went again to make sure. Drove for 30 minutes and so far so good. Now I gotta deal with my front end issue again... tire is still leaning... really don' want to get parts until after my Florida road trip but I got a feeling my tire is gonna be shot by then... decisions.... decisions....

Old 11-09-2017, 09:36 AM
BF Veteran

Pulled a forklift out of a hole 😁

Old 11-09-2017, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Replaced the 4WD actuator solenoid. On my 99 it is the one that hangs from the top of the firewall. The old one leaked a little but the new one does not as tested with my Mityvac. :-)

Old 11-10-2017, 08:14 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Broke off a stud while trying to tighten the y pipe to the header.
Now I have a custom exhaust leak.
Thinking about just drilling through and using a nut and bolt. Is that doable?

Old 11-10-2017, 10:22 AM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road

I had to drill one out on the stock muffler flange [can't remember if it was cat side or muffler??] but, be prepared for a task......I think those are stainless steel.....I know that i sharpened the two bits that i was using several times before i ever got through.....

Maybe they are selling bits now much harder than what i have??.......mine are all at least 50 years old :-)...... good luck with it....

Old 11-10-2017, 07:12 PM
ohyeahjay is an unknown quantity at this point

Winter tires on just in time. We had our first snow fall here today but was gone by noon. The windshield wipers however was not ready for winter. Froze up first thing.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:27 PM
BF Veteran

Align my passenger side headlight, got tired of it pointing to the trees lol... almost broke the bracket...

Also found a set of 4 early 3rd gen camaro rims with centre caps for 150$(sold my 1st gen american racing rims for 250$) no scuffs with tires but not sure how good they are... going to pick them up tomorrow... They will be my summer rims

Last edited by DonL; 11-10-2017 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Wrote 2nd gen by mistake and added selling rims
Old 11-10-2017, 07:41 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
Align my passenger side headlight, got tired of it pointing to the trees lol... almost broke the bracket...
I almost broke the bracket when trying to adjust the fog lights on my LT. A squirt of lubricant (WD-40 I think) worked wonders on it.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?