General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 07:48 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Pulled the roof rack off and am preparing it for new paint.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-file-3-.jpeg  

Last edited by G0LFADD1CT; 09-06-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:10 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Video as promised. Not really sure what this dude was thinking...

I have a feeling he's the type of guy that would be calling his sister to help him change a tire of he got a flat, if you know what I mean...

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 09-07-2018 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:11 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Problem is he needs a lift kit on that thing!

Old 09-07-2018, 07:13 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
My tire balancing beads came in the mail today, so I'll be able to throw them in tomorrow after work and see how they work out!

keep us updated... never heard of these, would like to know how they work. Do they replace the weights?

Old 09-07-2018, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
keep us updated... never heard of these, would like to know how they work. Do they replace the weights?
Installed them today after work.

I put the tires on my wheels myself a while back and never had them balanced, been rocking them with no weights at all, but yes using these is suppose to negate the need for weights, or having a shop balance them. They've been fine around town, never notice 45-50mph, it's higher speeds than that when the lack of balancing became obvious.

I just pulled the truck in a bay after work, got it on the lift and off the ground, pulled the valve cores out of the wheels, and although at this point it IS possible to installed them THROUGH the valve stems, but I didn't have a small tube and funnel to feed them in... So instead I just removed the wheels and tires off the truck, used out tire dismount machine to just break the bead on the face of the wheel and tire, poured in the balancing beads, and put air back in the tires.

Got them installed and drove home. Haven't had it on the highway, but so far I DO notice a difference! Before I use to get a ~55mph vibration/oscillation. I had it up to about 70mph on a back road after work and it seemed to ride a LOT better. Wouldn't say there's NO vibration, but I only had it at that speed for 10-15 seconds, and I've heard it takes the beads a little bit to settle out in the tire at speed and fully balance out, so we'll see how they fair when I actually get them on the highway.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:57 PM

Problem is he needs a lift kit on that thing!
Shouldn't have had that little Kia back there to begin with!

Old 09-07-2018, 09:13 PM
BF Veteran

I'll have to look into that... would be great for off the grid tire changes.... old fashion 2 bar

Old 09-07-2018, 09:47 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I'll have to look into that... would be great for off the grid tire changes.... old fashion 2 bar
Helped my Uncle one time. We placed the tire to change on the ground, plywood over the rim face, facine up. Then he slowly backed onto the tire with a pickup, broke the bead that way.
Have not tried that myself. Lol

Old 09-07-2018, 09:48 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
Pulled the roof rack off and am preparing it for new paint.
I am looking at doing this also. How did yours turn out?

Old 09-07-2018, 09:52 PM

I've seen it done that way, never tried it myself lol

Working at (more specifically being the dismantling production manager at) an auto salvage yard, I have pretty much my pick at wheels and tires as they come in We break down all of our wheel and tires to either resale the tires used, scrap the worn out tires, and resell the good wheels. Since we have the tire machine, I can simply pull my tires off my wheels whenever I have the need, be it replacing the tire, or just stuff like this and adding the balancing beads inside Saves me the mount and balance fees of the local tire shop, I do it MYSELF and that alone is worth it for the satisfaction in my opinion (and peace of mind...), not to mention what I save on wheels and tires if I had to buy them all new LOL

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?