General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

jdespain, that looks badass!

Put in my new O2 sensor. Kiss my grits PO155 code!

Old 04-16-2010, 11:16 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah those rockers look good. Can't wait to paint my blazer and line the bottom like that.
Well got 1/2 done with radio swap. And I found out that the cd player in it was hardwired and the factory harness was cut out. So now I gotta cut and crimp these short little wires . It's hard to get a wire stripper inside the radio opening! lol

installing a Kenwood KDC-MP345 U. Pictures tomarrow... hopefully.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdespain
"Bed-lined" my rockers today.
DAMN!!! i thouht i was the only one who had thought of doing it like that.

guess great minds do think alike, eh?

but i'm gonna do a little something "extra" when i do mine.

made some $$$$ with it today. took all of my extruded, cast & forged aluminum to scrap today. of course it was spent before i got it (bills, what else. )

Last edited by old skool luvr; 04-17-2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: %&(*@ system is really starting to piss me off tonight!
Old 04-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

well been up since 730 am already took off the fender and debating if i need a new headlight bracket, bf says maybe not...but i'd rather not have to use my winch and pull metal to straighten it out..or use a hammer...i'd rather just be able to bolt it on and get it back together ASAP....so after breakfast we're goin back out to do more...so many bolts...omg the magnetic dish is overflowing lol.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:17 PM

[QUOTE=old skool luvr;322272][COLOR=royalblue]

but i'm gonna do a little something "extra" when i do mine. [QUOTE]

Really? you gonna lay down a line of razor wire and spray bedliner over it so you have a recessed graphic in your bedliner when you remove the wire so you can be even more hardcore looking than everyone else? Kinda like a 90's armband tattoo for your truck.

. Ha ha, just jokin' anything to stop that automotive cancer.
Why is it that if I type the word b a r b e d like the wire, but without the spaces, the forum bleeps it with ******?

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 04-17-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: System didn't like the b a r b e d word! lol!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Beginning Member
Hezzu is on a distinguished road

That is a strange word to have bleeped by a forum.

As for me I replaced the rear calipers, rotors and pads on the 2000 LS. The others were completely seized. Mechanic said it was the E brake that was seized. Well if they were I knocked the crap out of them taking the old rotors off and loosened them up. I have front calipers coming in on monday but Mechanic says he will safety it with working E brakes and new rotors and pads. also have a fuel leak that I can't fix in my garage. Unfortunately. So I will take it to him on monday to fix it and safety. Hope it doesnt cost more than what I have left. With a little luck I will be able to attend Sisk's Maritime coffee meet next weekend and show off the $250 beast. ($250 + $400 brakes= Still not bad) Yet.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:51 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Put my new mtx system in after i sold the old one. Also inspected it and put the new registration so im good for another year.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:54 PM

99blaz, thats a nice looking set-up. Is that the sealed box or was it only the sledgehammer boxes that were vented on the side?

Speaking of car audio, UPDATE! Got my new radio in and everything seems good. Opened the dash and found the factory harness had been cut and the cd player had been hardwired in. (I HATE stupid people .) but cut and spliced a bunch of wires and its in. This dash kit looks a billion times better than the old one and the alternator whine/cd player laser/mechanical noise is GONE. First time I've had a working radio in like three monthes. but here are some pics. Replaced the JVC-KDS34 with a Kenwood KDC-MP345 U. Diffrence is night and day! Great headunit!
The first one in my hand is the old JVC and dash kit, next two is new unit installed. Last two are a shot of my subs and a pic of my amp.

Only problem I have is if you notice in the second picture. The ashtray is crooked. There is no gap on the right, but a small gap on the left. Still have to work that out.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:10 AM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Thanks and yea only the jackhammer ones were vented on the sides but its perfect for me.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:03 PM

As long as you like it thats all that matters 99blaz. Now I need to start looking at door speakers.

Got new floor mats front and rear and gave it a wash. Got the floor mats that have the deep ridges, made of rubber. Wal-mart had em' for cheap, lol. Fixed a squeak I had the last week or so. Had a squeak when I was turning left and when I hit some bumps. Looked around under the hood and saw the steering shaft had a smooth scuff line in it. Turns out that metal shield around the sparkplug wire near the manifolds had shifted a little and was rubbing on the steering shaft. Tapped it back away and the noise is gone. Was a good day! ha ha.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?