General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Nice, now you need a winch to fill that gap in the middle lol
I want to do a lightbar first, going to wire it to the foglight switch. Jensen is getting me a headlight unit that has that switch since you can see my Blazer doesn't have fog lights. I have to do more research on winches, but I probably won't do it until after I move to New Mexico.

Old 08-26-2019, 06:56 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
I want to do a lightbar first, going to wire it to the foglight switch. Jensen is getting me a headlight unit that has that switch since you can see my Blazer doesn't have fog lights. I have to do more research on winches, but I probably won't do it until after I move to New Mexico.
You'll have to do some fancy wiring with that original headlight switch with the fog light in order to get that fog light switch to work with aftermarket wiring. The original fog light switch is actually a momentary button that sends signal to the BCM to turn the fog lights on and off. I want to say that an aftermarket add-on module for it to work right exists to turn the momentary push button into an on/off signal with aftermarket wiring and a relay.

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 08-26-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:31 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Adjusted both my mirrors today, for the first time since we bought it, with the switch on the door.

Gotta say thanks again N. Jensen!

Old 08-26-2019, 08:15 PM

OH, somehow I almost forgot

Ordered a COMPLETE Diamond Edition interior from another one of my stores (salvage yard)

Front and rear seats, door panels, and steering wheel. Donor Jimmy that was rear-ended has less than 70k on it... It looks MINT! When I seen the pictures my jaw dropped.

I know I was in the process of grafting in my Cadillac ATS seats in, but I'll gladly ditch that project for the Diamond edition set. Just didn't think I'd ever find any in good shape. I kind of stumbled on these by accident to be honest.

Should have everything this week and I'll get it all installed over the weekend, weather permitting.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:16 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Youre welcome, Don. Glad I could help, even in such a minute, albeit gratifying way.

Whoa, Blazen comes thru bigtime! I have the diamond headrests....so its kinda like having the seats...
Can't wait for the pics.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
You'll have to do some fancy wiring with that original headlight switch with the fog light in order to get that fog light switch to work with aftermarket wiring. The original fog light switch is actually a momentary button that sends signal to the BCM to turn the fog lights on and off. I want to say that an aftermarket add-on module for it to work right exists to turn the momentary push button into an on/off signal with aftermarket wiring and a relay.
The place I'm taking it to is a truck mod shop that does this kind of thing for a living but thank you for the knowledge drop because I'll be sure to let them know.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:50 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

I swapped out my 2" body lift for a 3". I also built up my steering stops so my 35x12.50 tires would stop rubbing the frame until I buy spacers.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:01 PM

[QUOTE=Hess13x;712840]I swapped out my 2" body lift for a 3". I also built up my steering stops so my 35x12.50 tires would stop rubbing the frame until I buy spacers.

[/QUOT

That looks ****ing awesome.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:15 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Cimmerian;712841]
Originally Posted by Hess13x
I swapped out my 2" body lift for a 3". I also built up my steering stops so my 35x12.50 tires would stop rubbing the frame until I buy spacers.

[/QUOT

That looks ****ing awesome.
Thanks! I never planned on it getting this big, but one thing led to another. It has came a long way from when it was the wife's daily driver. Next major upgrade will be to solid axle it.

Old 08-30-2019, 05:33 PM

Brought home a gigantic box of goodies

Stay tuned for more!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?