General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 11:53 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Dragoon1101..... nice!! so much work. How about a write up in the builds section. People keep asking about the LS swap into 4WD. ChuckNTruck did a 2WD (Project Sleeper Blazer).

Last edited by LesMyer; 09-14-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:55 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
What led's are you using? I might as well replace the existing lamps while the tail light assemblies are new. Did you have to install a flasher relay for the turn signals? If so which one?
At first I put in some basic drop-in LED bulbs

But I didn't like how the running tail and brake light output was nearly identical light output, could hardly tell the difference at night when the brakes were applied. After seeing some LED's on Mustangs at work, I did some modding and came up with these and they work AWESOME.

Got a thread on here about the conversion.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighti...etrofit-90983/

Old 09-16-2018, 09:38 AM
Starting Member
dragoon1101 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lesmyer
Dragoon1101..... nice!! so much work. How about a write up in the builds section. People keep asking about the LS swap into 4WD. ChuckNTruck did a 2WD (Project Sleeper Blazer).
​​​​​​
ill see what I can do about that .. dont have alot of pics tho...

Old 09-16-2018, 09:59 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

My engine has seemed to be lacking a little power and feeling sluggish lately. Stopped by AZ and picked up some Lucas fuel injector cleaner. Put it in the tank and filled up. After driving around for the last couple of days I can see a huge difference in performance. I'm not usually a big fan of additives but this stuff has worked really well. I might make it a habit of adding some of this occasionaly.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:19 AM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

So I got my entire cooling system replaced with OEM AC Delco parts last week.. New intake, water pump, radiator, etc all that jazz... Now my truck is throwing a CEL and my oil pressure gauge is dropping to 0 at idle and doesn't go above 10 when I drive...

I paid $1000 for this truck and already dumped about $3000 into it over the past year. Am I fighting a losing battle here?

Old 09-17-2018, 09:33 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Have you checked your oil level? Its gonna suck if you have to do the oil pump...

Old 09-17-2018, 09:49 AM

I did not, I just dropped it off at the mechanics who did the work because if they ****ed up something that wasn't ****ed up before they did my cooling system, this isn't on me.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:38 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I had that problem right after doing an oil change, found my oil filter wasnt tightened all the way. caused me to lose oil, and it caused the same thing with my gauge...

Old 09-17-2018, 01:14 PM

I didn't see any oil leaks in my drive way, but I hope its something that simple and it hasn't given me any engine damage.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:12 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
My engine has seemed to be lacking a little power and feeling sluggish lately. Stopped by AZ and picked up some Lucas fuel injector cleaner. Put it in the tank and filled up. After driving around for the last couple of days I can see a huge difference in performance. I'm not usually a big fan of additives but this stuff has worked really well. I might make it a habit of adding some of this occasionaly.
I've noticed this with fuel additives, as well. I use one about every oil change, and I pay the extra nickel for the 89 octane.

Quite different from oil additives...never have used. There's already enough additive in the first place, and it thickens the viscosity dramatically...enough to push it out of grade.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?