General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Beginning Member
1SLOW64 is on a distinguished road

Drove it home

Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well...........my list actually goes back to Saturday.

Saturday:
- used the Blazer to dispose of the POS Exploder that's been taking up space in my driveway since the end of January.
- also used the Blazer to bring home the 4 nearly new tires on said Exploder.
- picked up 400 lbs of farm fresh manure fo a buddy @ work.
- got into a hugh arguement with my father-in-law about the s**t he spilt the back of my Blazer!
- spent 40 minutes cleaning out the back of the Blazer when i got home (no more free s**t for anyone again!)
^ that also led to another 65 minitues of cleaning out the Buick (since the wife doesn't seem to!) why the hell do we do all the maintance?

Sunday:
-spent almost 2 hours looking for my damn hole saw kit, so i could install my new trailer plug.

Monday:
- finally took off my Firestone Winterforce rubber!
- put on my freshly turned rear rotors (also found out why my ebrake is starting to stick).
- oil change.

today:
- took wheels/tires from the Exploder to my buddy's shop, broke 'em down & got rid of the bald Blizzak's from last year. yea for free (nearly) new tires!
-did a lube service on her as well.

no wonder i feel like i've been busy the last few days!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Starting Member
GregW is on a distinguished road

I cleaned it up and took some pics.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:45 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zedartwo
YAYYYY! Dirty Girl will drive again!!!!
I know I'm so excited I can't even sleep. I really hope the guy I'm buying it from doesn't randomly decide not to go pick it up tomorrow. If all goes well I should have pics of it tomorrow.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:45 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
I know I'm so excited I can't even sleep. I really hope the guy I'm buying it from doesn't randomly decide not to go pick it up tomorrow. If all goes well I should have pics of it tomorrow.

here's hoping. post them pic's when you can.

do i remember correctly, you said it was bright yellow? (the engine)

are you gonna paint it? pink??

Old 04-28-2010, 12:53 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
here's hoping. post them pic's when you can.

do i remember correctly, you said it was bright yellow? (the engine)

are you gonna paint it? pink??
I'm not sure. I'd have to order Pink Engine Enamel from somewhere, probably VHT. Well Autozone carries VHT so I could probably do it through them. And then I'd have to strip all the yellow off it now... primer it, paint then clear... I mean I guess I could just primer and paint since its gonna be seeing some Mud and grime anyway. I've still got some time to think about it. Its not fully put together, still needs some Springs I think, and according to my father we didn't keep the Rocker Arms and Springs... but I'm pretty sure we left them attached to the Heads and we kept them...

Old 04-28-2010, 04:14 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GregW
I cleaned it up and took some pics.

Future ROTY right there! Can't wait to see the Corvette rims on it blacked out. They should tie in very well with the windows.

Last edited by RangerG; 04-28-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:16 PM
mickfrisco is on a distinguished road

Switched out spark plug wires (whoever designed their layout is a real genius...), cleaned MAF sensor, and took it to the tire shop to get a bent lug-nut off.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:33 PM

Called my buddy we are buying the engine from yesterday night to see if he was back from getting it yet... he didn't answer. Hubby left a message that to my knowledge hasn't been returned yet. I just sent him a text(I hate talking to people) so we'll see if he replies to it.

...Aaaannd... my Hubby just got hit by a John Deer Forklift... After he just spent 1000 fixing his damage to the front after hitting a truck and a deer. But luckily it wasn't his fault, the forklift driver's vision was comprimised by his load.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:37 PM
BF Guru

^^^ but it still sucks when your ride gets damaged.

looks like you've got some more stuff to fix Kayla.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?