General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 03:53 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Nice job! Looks good! 👍

Old 07-07-2020, 05:48 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brian K. Balzer
Recently fabricated a winch* mount for the winch* my son took off of his truck. (He upgraded to a little bigger one.) We got it put on and hooked up today. It's kind of ironic because it was originally bought for his first Blazer but it got wrecked before we got it put on so it was put on his truck when he got it. Now, a couple of years later it's finally on a Blazer like it was intended to be.

Yes, it's off to the left on purpose so that the cable is centered. Besides, that gives him a nice step for reaching/climbing under the hood.

this does look good, sorry I didnt say anything about it tho lol. I did think it. But now that I've gone back and looked at the pics some more(had to figure out what you were talking about), it looks like you got a nice ground effects package. I dont think I've seen a 1st gen with one like that. Is it european style? I'm on mobile so I cant see where you are from.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:32 PM
93S10TahoeLT is on a distinguished road

Got its plates back today.

Now, we can turn them in, and we can move on to my new car.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:06 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road
Default No Worries

Originally Posted by DonL
this does look good, sorry I didnt say anything about it tho lol. I did think it. But now that I've gone back and looked at the pics some more(had to figure out what you were talking about), it looks like you got a nice ground effects package. I dont think I've seen a 1st gen with one like that. Is it european style? I'm on mobile so I cant see where you are from.
Thanks. I was Mostly joking. :P
I'm not sure what you mean by 'a nice ground effects package'. I'm in Kansas and I'm pretty sure the guy we bought it from had bought it somewhere locally. (in Kansas, although he was further west than we are) IF you're referring to the winch mount I fabricated it myself although I had my neighbor weld it up after I tack welded it together on the Blazer.

Old 07-10-2020, 12:09 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

i broke it, again
unbolted the fuelpump groundstrap by mistake and now it wont come back...

Old 07-10-2020, 07:50 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brian K. Balzer
Thanks. I was Mostly joking. :P
I'm not sure what you mean by 'a nice ground effects package'. I'm in Kansas and I'm pretty sure the guy we bought it from had bought it somewhere locally. (in Kansas, although he was further west than we are) IF you're referring to the winch mount I fabricated it myself although I had my neighbor weld it up after I tack welded it together on the Blazer.
I was talking about the one piece flare and side steps. You seen them more on the "lower" rides, makes it look lower without putting aftermarket shocks imo

Old 07-11-2020, 11:34 AM
Starting Member
Default Ah, I see.

Originally Posted by DonL
I was talking about the one piece flare and side steps. You seen them more on the "lower" rides, makes it look lower without putting aftermarket shocks imo
From what I understand the last owner liked to 'customize' things. I'd bet he put them on it. It had a different front bumper and grill and stuff too but we changed it out. I'm not sure what he got them off of. I know he stuck Cadillac turn signal indicators on the tops of the fenders too.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:36 AM
Starting Member
Default Oops

Originally Posted by Mods
i broke it, again
unbolted the fuelpump groundstrap by mistake and now it wont come back...
Don't do that.

Seriously though, Good luck on it. I don't know enough about it to make suggestions.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:15 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Tried to do a parasitic current drain test.

I first tried the technique of measuring the voltage drop across the fuses but that gave me really large numbers. So I decided I'd better try the one where you put the multimeter in series with the battery's negative terminal and the ground strap and then pull fuses. This gave me numbers that were more like what I expected. This later technique is what is in the GM Service manual.

An annoying thing is that breaking the circuit can mean that you have to wait about 20 minutes for the computers to turn off. I believe this is the same timing as for the Retained Accessory Power. I had to take a good number of 20 minute breaks. LOL

I learned that when you first open your door, there is a drain of 2.8 Amps! When I saw this I realized that what I thought was a parasitic current drain was more likely just me going in and out of the truck without driving it at all or with the engine going. This is what made it necessary to use my jump starter.

So I'm back to where I was vehicle wise but I am smarter now!

Old 07-14-2020, 08:01 AM
MacroMachine is on a distinguished road

I managed to put the entire interior together on my '00 ZR2. I took everything out of the interior so I can add better condition parts. So now I can drive it again!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?