General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:07 PM
nit8690 is on a distinguished road

I ordered a set of BFgoodrich A/T K/O 235/75R15s for my truck gonna put them on this weekend...my grandpa keeps saying that using the bigger tires is gonna drop my mileage and all this. I told him idc I want some nice meaty tires under it lol

Old 11-15-2010, 07:22 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

took my truck to a different shop today. They told me i need to have my catalytic converter replaced (knew that), need 4 shocks all around (knew that), my rear brakes need to be done (knew that soon), trans needs to be flushed(knew), and the wheel hub that i had replaced in september is loose and needs to be fixed by original shop (didn't know that)... lovely... i guess i'll be going to this shop more often now.

oh, and i cleaned out my MAF on saturday and got rid of that pesky SES light. just the simple spray cleaner, nothing drastic like ripping stuff out

Old 11-15-2010, 09:23 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MTopper
took my truck to a different shop today. They told me i need to have my catalytic converter replaced (knew that), need 4 shocks all around (knew that), my rear brakes need to be done (knew that soon), trans needs to be flushed(knew), and the wheel hub that i had replaced in september is loose and needs to be fixed by original shop (didn't know that)... lovely... i guess i'll be going to this shop more often now.

oh, and i cleaned out my MAF on saturday and got rid of that pesky SES light. just the simple spray cleaner, nothing drastic like ripping stuff out
I think I'm going to clean mine too. Light keeps coming on every time I go over 80km/hr or over 3000rpm.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran

mine was when i would go from a red light up to 50mph quickly. i'm not saying foot to the floor but not old lady style ya know?

Old 11-15-2010, 11:49 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

My black plastic lug nut covers arrived from the USA today. Got them 'cause the black powder coating has come off the nuts - knew that but didn't worry at the time I had it done.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Electrode is on a distinguished road

Might as well make my debut here...

Last evening I finally fixed that blasted digital dash. Wasn't bad really, just had to redo a few solder joints. Looks nice for a '93!

Next up: blower motor. Hopefully I won't have to tear half the dash and/or engine out to get at it...

Old 11-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

Closed my back hatch that I forgot to close last night. And tested my abs on black ice this morning. It still works!

Old 11-17-2010, 12:06 AM
BF Veteran

had a lot done in the shop today.

new catalytic converter - $150
replaced all shocks - $100
replaced rear brakes - $90
change transmission filter - $75

after the cost of labor and everything else i paid out $1135.48.....

Great part though, everything runs great. i have to go to the original shop who used to do all my work and bi*** them out because the wheel hub they installed 6 weeks ago is already loose and causing problems.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:10 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

makes me cringe about that kind of stuff. Funny thing is last time when I was in the NTB they decided to tell me everything that was wrong and half of the things wrong weren't wrong. Such as my cv axle they said was completely broken. Really it only needed some grease and a new boot. Said my front brakes (rotors and pads) were going to need replaced. What they didn't know was I was the one who replaced them not even 1/2 a year ago and I just checked them before I brought it in. But what really doesn't make sense is that they pick out the things that aren't really wrong with it and don't notice the things that are wrong with it. Its been riding pretty rough for a while now and still was after they replaced my idler arm, outer tie rod, and both hubs, around $800... So one day I decide to check my shocks (rough country junk...) when I took them out the shocks had no spring to them what so ever. How does a shop not notice this? So had to go out and get some bilstiens. Never again will I ever buy a rough country product. Those shocks didn't even last 20,000 miles... Now my alpine radio went out and had to put the stock radio in. Anyone know if you can replace the lights in the stock radio? There are a few that are out

Old 11-17-2010, 06:16 PM
BF Veteran

i know that on the full size truck they're soldered onto a circuit board. brother's trailblazer had a bad one 2 years after he bought it. we took it apart, unsoldered the stock and replaced them so he could sell it 2 weeks later

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?