General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Electrode is on a distinguished road

5 jobs today, 2 successes, 2 failures and one half-success:
* Replace fuel tank - one of the bolts appears to be stripped, no way for me to get it loose. Back to the shop it goes...

* Replace blower motor - had to pull out the coolant bottle to get at those screws but ultimately got it done. Ended up with one spare screw...

* Pull broken spade lug out of blower resistor connector - nothing to pull on, the whole thing was completely corroded to dust. Guess I'll have to put new terminals on when I get the new resistor block.

* Put heat/AC controls back together - about as much success as possible considering most of the screw holes on the dash are broken and/or missing the metal clips. The guy I bought this thing from was a bit careless it seems. At least the dumb thing works.

* Replace rear glass defogger power wires - partial success. It works for now but the solder joints will not last long. Anyone know if I can safely use a propane torch near the glass?

Blower resistor block and electronic spark control module should arrive Monday or Tuesday...

Old 11-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Put my np-231 t-case in... Now I need to find a 4dr 1st gen blazer 4x4 rear drive shaft, and a 89-01 XJ front shaft...

Old 11-21-2010, 10:13 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Electrode
5 jobs today, 2 successes, 2 failures and one half-success:
* Replace fuel tank - one of the bolts appears to be stripped, no way for me to get it loose. Back to the shop it goes...

* Replace blower motor - had to pull out the coolant bottle to get at those screws but ultimately got it done. Ended up with one spare screw...

* Pull broken spade lug out of blower resistor connector - nothing to pull on, the whole thing was completely corroded to dust. Guess I'll have to put new terminals on when I get the new resistor block.

* Put heat/AC controls back together - about as much success as possible considering most of the screw holes on the dash are broken and/or missing the metal clips. The guy I bought this thing from was a bit careless it seems. At least the dumb thing works.

* Replace rear glass defogger power wires - partial success. It works for now but the solder joints will not last long. Anyone know if I can safely use a propane torch near the glass?

Blower resistor block and electronic spark control module should arrive Monday or Tuesday...

Heat the glass slowly and not excessively... if not you'll have a custom rear window.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Used the truck to load the lumber I raided from our re-model construction dump. Got about 20 useful lengths of wood over 5 feet. Some sheet rock ceiling tiles. Going to look tonight. A LOT of stainless metal, but may not be worth the trouble as it was from the old freezer which means foam is glued all over it. And it will most like be Grade 2 or 3 Stainless steel which Grade 2 is only .25/lb. Yeah my side hobby is scrapping...LEGAL scrapping. I have access to this dump as I am management. But its open to any hands as its left in the open. And I am on good terms with the construction worker and our maintenance. So far he's given me a coke machine, ceiling fans, sink, tv and much more.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I replaced all of the scratched up buttons on the radio in the Tahoe today.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:10 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

decided to fix the jimmy after all, today i replaced the lower ball joint... BROKE 2 breaker bars attempting to get the drive spline nut off too doing it... so i picked up a new electric impact gun instead on sale for 70% off - 350 ft/lbs = WIN after about 5-10 solid minutes of impacting to get the nut off. Gonna replace the other side next week and most likely the upper joints at the same point... tuesday = getting new cat, wednesday = installing new cat, back left e-brake cable, figuring out why the f'n reverse lights fail, and passing the safety... f this thing's a pain & i can see why the guy sold it this cheap.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:48 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

another set of front brake pads, (got about 3,000 miles out of the last set, inner pads wearing more) replaced the broken l.f. sway bar link and got the oil chnged in both the pickup and blazer. need to get new brake calipers and rotors, just not in the budget right now after the house water heater sprung a leak (it was 30 years old though)

Old 11-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Going to start building the boys sand box. This time of year hardly anything gets done to my truck because of Christmas. But what is on the list is:
Zip tie amp power wire so it does not keep falling into view
Finish wiring for fog lights as it is starting to get real foggy
Wire in my slim fans
Install tran cooler in line with factory one
Finish sealing up the holes water keeps leaking from when I go through deep puddles

4L60E rebuild....wish our trucks came with overdrive that would help our gas mileage A LOT!

Last edited by Silver00LT; 11-22-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Beginning Member
jeff618 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up tis the season for new wipers...

Found a killer deal on new wipers over the weekend. Been using trico neoforms for quite a while now after switching from icons. I ended up getting two pairs for $8.38 a piece after free shipping and rebates. Usually $15-$23 each...killer deal!!

Old 11-23-2010, 10:43 AM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Motervaced it last week which cleans the injectors and fuel lines. Can tell the difference it made. Also finally put new pads and rotors on the front Saturday. Turns out whoever did it before me put smaller rotors on so the pads were wearing over the top of the rotors and and were metal to metal. its nice stopping now lol.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?