General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 01:43 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Brian_D what do the center caps look like? They turned out looking brand damn new. For stock rims, I like those thick looking ones!
ah i haven't painted those yet im gonna do them all at the same time tomorrow

Old 11-08-2009, 05:39 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

I put a new starter on it on Tuesday, the old one was dragging so bad I wasn't sure if it was going to start. And with Mr Winter on the way it has to be reliable.

Yesterday I replaced the fuel pump with a AC Delco unit. I accidently broke the plastic nipples off as I was taking the tank down to fix a leak. My GF was not impressed!!! The old unit was an Airtex model that someone had put in it. At anything under a 1/2 tank it sounded like it was ready to take off. It was that noisy. Now its super quiet. If you pull the gas cap you can barely hear it.

I also installed a huge aluminum skid plate off of a 97 Blazer. Now my transfer case is nicely protected.

So this was how I spent my week.

Last edited by 96Blazernut; 11-08-2009 at 05:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-08-2009, 07:17 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Looks really good Brian. It will completely change the look of your truck, for only a few bucks. Nice work!

Old 11-08-2009, 11:51 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

What did the transfer case armor run you 96blazernut?

Old 11-08-2009, 01:40 PM

I gave $20.00 for it off of a 1997 Blazer LT. It mounts on the transmission mount and goes back to the next crossmember. Covers a fair amount of the front driveshaft as well as the TC. My Blazer already had the holes drilled and tapped so it was a 10 minute operation.

Here is one I found on ebay. This will give you an idea what it looks like

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S-10-...Q5fAccessories

Old 11-08-2009, 02:51 PM
BF Veteran

coolness. Thanks!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:29 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
But in other completely unrelated to the Blazer. I'm engaged and expecting a little future Chevy Driver
congrats on both Kayla!

Originally Posted by okvortec
old skool, do I spy 1st gen rims on your 2nd gen? Looks good.
yeah........what do you think? @ first i was like "they are soooooo ugly", 'cause i've seen half a dozen 2nd gen Blazer/Jimmy's with them, and they looked like s**t! but after i mounted them (been looking since March for a 2nd set of the tear drop ones), i was like, "ya know, these don't look half bad". maybe it's the colour of my truck (there aren't any dark green ones around my area), plus the rims aren't the ones with the recess areas painted black.........i might even keep these for the Summer rims, and have the tear drops for the Winter weather.
who knows, maybe i'll do a "weekend wheel resto" myself.

Originally Posted by 96Blazernut
I also installed a huge aluminum skid plate off of a 97 Blazer. Now my transfer case is nicely protected.

So this was how I spent my week.
i can't believe how many of you guys don't have trucks with the factory aluminum skid plate package. all of the 1st gen Blazer's & Jimmy's that i've owned had them, and my '98 has them as well.
my youngest brother just picked up a Winter beater last Thursday-actually, he bought it, i went and picked it up with my trailer-and it has the front plastic skid plate on it.
but you can't complain too much, he paid $350 for a '94 SLT 4 door, 4x4 Jimmy. full leather (in MINT condition), all the power options (except for the mirror's, can't figure that one out), electronic 4x4 (it works!), and all it needed for safety was 4 tires and a tail pipe! brand new brakes front & rear, with slotted rotors up front. solid front end, engine is wisper quiet (not even the "cold start" lifter clatter). typical rot on the front fenders & lower right rear quarter, blistering on the lower front doors & over the windshield. slid cab mounts & floor.

hey Blazernut, is that guy on eBay on crack!?! $219.98 for a factory aluminum skid plate!!! guess you're liking the "steal of a deal" you got on your $20 job, eh.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:38 PM

It's made of aluminum not gold LOL I agree its a bit on the pricey side.

I used it as an example. The pics I took of it turned out crappy so I put that link in so he could see what they looked like. I think it looks pretty good under there.

Last time I went off roading I was concerned about the TC. So this will help a little.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran

depending on how my nose piece ends up, I may use some of the excess to armor up the transmission/TC/front u joint. we'll have to see. I've hit a wall with mine. Until I can get something to line the edges (cleaner look and less dangerous) I will not be able to get into the bends and mounting part. sucks because I had big plans for this weekend

Old 11-08-2009, 09:52 PM

You might find one in a JY pretty cheap.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?