General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 06:22 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Picked up 2 stock markers, and a stock P side headlight (complete with back bracket and stuffs) off C's list for 20 bones.
A pair of brake lights, and a D side HL and I'm back in business boys and girls! No more Euro-Trash!!!

Gonna bake the markers I think. Clear, tinted black, markers with amber lights will look better than straight amber lens me thinks.

Also got a set of 15" 5x4.75, (4.5" BS) polished aluminum rims with 15k miles old Pirelli Scrop. AT's mounted FREEEEEeeeEEeEeE...

Dont know what the hell I'm gonna do with them yet. Maybe sell them for skins for the camaro rims? Or paint them black and use them until I get rich

Last edited by ABN31B; 12-23-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Went to take the K5 to fill it up with fuel and all I was greeted with after turning the key was 'click, click, click'. It did this the last time it sat for a few weeks, except the last time after I jump started it and let it run for a bit, it would start on it's own.

The battery was new in 2004 so it's lived a long life. I was just procrastinating on replacing it, but it is long past due.

So I removed the battery and will pick up a new Interstate tomorrow from a friend who sells them.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:56 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mrshaneb
Roof Basket last night. Please excuse the crappy cell phone pics

Thanks for looking.
what did the basket cost ya?

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Also got a set of 15" 5x4.75, (4.5" BS) polished aluminum rims with 15k miles old Pirelli Scrop. AT's mounted FREEEEEeeeEEeEeE...
have you been gone so long that you've forgotten pic's are mandatory?

especially when you score a deal like that!!!

Old 12-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Starting Member
mrshaneb is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wheelhead4x4
Wow looks sick. How do you have it mounted?
I have it mounted on the Slats that go acrost the factory rack with the Four mounting brackest that were supplied. It was a pita though especially doing it at night in the cold. But, that's what I get for being impatient.

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
what did the basket cost ya?
With the shipping around $120-$130. The basket itself cost $89.99 off E-bay.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:04 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mrshaneb
With the shipping around $120-$130. The basket itself cost $89.99 off E-bay.
that's not too bad.

a guy up here is selling the exact same rack for $150 Canadian. he actually has a few, BNIB. since he was asking $200 about 6 weeks ago, i figure i can hit him for a buck, buck & a quarter.

worst case, i pay $150 for it.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:27 PM
BF Veteran

indeed I have... give me a bit and I'll toss them up.... <-- I'll edit them into this since this is really a wasted post

Old 12-23-2010, 10:35 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Man for baskets THULE all the way..im a huge thule fan!!
http://thule.com/en/CA/Products/Carg...XT%20Moab.aspx

there cheaper than that in the us but my ip address brings it to that

Old 12-23-2010, 11:18 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by ABN31B
indeed I have... give me a bit and I'll toss them up.... <-- I'll edit them into this since this is really a wasted post
i didn't think there was such a thing?

on a more purposeful note.........i'm about to embark on a major endeavor (i think that just used up all my big words for the day! ) i'm gonna try & find out how the hell i reprogram my truck for the keyless entry. just did a VIN search to check something else, and found out it has it from the factory.

(soon to be working) keyless entry FTW!

Old 12-24-2010, 12:24 AM
BF Veteran

yo, if you come across an extra key fob I know a guy that could use one...

it's me

Old 12-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Beginning Member
Plowboytc is on a distinguished road

got the tags, insurance, and the title transferred. Also vacuumed it out and installed the baby gear (aka car seat).

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?