General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:33 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Fixed my exhaust. Drove to Canadian Tire with not Cat at all. ITS LOUD! lol $35 and It sounds beefy but still not completely fixed. Gonna purchase the Y pipe and probably do a simple cherrybomb turbo/extreme/glasspack when I get the money! Dump it down and to the right somwhere by the rear axle. Hidden and loud!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:39 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

At Duals here in Wpg they took out my cat & pre cat.... talk about FREAKING LOUD!!!
I didn't like it being THAT loud so I had them install a high flow cat to cut it back a bit & still be semi-legal. It was obnoxiously loud lol with the dual exhaust & free flow straight through muffler.

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-28-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:03 PM

Yea. I was a little shocked! I had 3 holes in it and 3/4 cut though and thought it was loud. It startled me and then I started uncontrollably laughing lol

Old 01-28-2011, 06:47 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Yea. I was a little shocked! I had 3 holes in it and 3/4 cut though and thought it was loud. It startled me and then I started uncontrollably laughing lol
The same thing happened to me after I cut the main cat off (Pre cat was already gone and main cat was clogged) I started it and with me having no muffler it literally roared to life.

And 2 months later still no muffler no cats and I LOVE IT!!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Not doing anything to it except PARKING it! No worries nothing but good things from this truck. But 95 miles per day at 15mpg....you do the math. Back driving my Mazda for work and this will be for joy/family. Next weekend I plan on taking it to local mechanic and get them to look at the transmission. Does not look like I am getting off 7 days here anytime shortly(good money, but no time for anything).

Old 01-28-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by pj5454302
The same thing happened to me after I cut the main cat off (Pre cat was already gone and main cat was clogged) I started it and with me having no muffler it literally roared to life.

And 2 months later still no muffler no cats and I LOVE IT!!
I would but the fine for no cat is $366. I went to court with my dad for it the day I cut mine off lol. I was a Canadian Tire and the Piping I needed was the same price as a Cherrybomb glasspack. The only thing that stopped me was it needs to be welded on. But today I saw the CB Turbo is $45 so after the Y pipe I'm gonna put that on.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:34 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zedartwo
I would but the fine for no cat is $366. I went to court with my dad for it the day I cut mine off lol. I was a Canadian Tire and the Piping I needed was the same price as a Cherrybomb glasspack. The only thing that stopped me was it needs to be welded on. But today I saw the CB Turbo is $45 so after the Y pipe I'm gonna put that on.
Its a $2000 fine here, I just use about quarter of throttle in town. But on on amps or in the country I will giver some gas and let er wind out to about 4k and it sounds amazing.

Also aligned James today in my steering and suspension class, WOW its a pain in the *** to adjust camber on these trucks!!

Old 01-28-2011, 03:52 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Started to pain the brackets and cross bar for my light bar. First I laid down a coat of black on the bare metal and then I hit them with some spay on bed liner.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-light-bar-fab-1-1-.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-light-bar-fab-1-2-.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-light-bar-fab-1-3-.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-light-bar-fab-1-4-.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-light-bar-fab-1-6-.jpg  

Old 01-28-2011, 05:18 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

New valve seals. No more smoke on start up.
Chased down and repaired 2 exhaust leaks. Now onto the one near the driver side manifold.
Replaced a whole mess of vacuum tubing. Huge progress in performance.
New transmission cable..shifts a little stiff even after adjustment but it is a rebuilt tranny..so we'll see.
Trans oil and filter change for the he double hockey sticks of it.

Ok Ok. So not all that got done today. Been saving up for a few weeks. Makes me feel better to put up a list.

Last edited by oisinirish; 01-28-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:51 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

engine cooling fan. had this awfull rattling when running and this is what i found. 65 bucks for a new one. never seen a fan do this, was about to completly be seperated from the fan clutch. getting new tires tommarrow for the rims ive polished up. need to get one more centercap. heres a couple pics.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?