General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 02:04 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

i test fitted a roll pan, dumped the exhaust at the axle, and filled it up with gas for the first time ever

Old 01-29-2011, 02:16 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

Got an oil change done.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:04 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

all this talk about fines for no cats. Here in sk. I passed a government safety inspection without one, sweet.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:27 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

man i loved it in sask, didnt have to pass a safety to insure it, could pick up a truck for 600 bucks that barely ran, get a few buddies together to all get their own and you can have your own game of bumper cars in the parking lots! (true story).....................defrosted an iced up blazer today

Old 01-29-2011, 04:17 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stevo
i test fitted a roll pan, dumped the exhaust at the axle, and filled it up with gas for the first time ever
how is this the only time you've filled up? you've had the pickup for how long now?

Old 01-29-2011, 05:16 PM
bcpotter13 is on a distinguished road

New Bosch alternator, rotors, pads, shoes, fuel tank and pump
Replaced the POS OE head gasket and installed a better one
NGK spark plugs and Carquest wires
Pioneer mvh 8200bt head unit, Pioneer ts-g4643 and ts-g1643, pyle plx693
SS cat-back exhaust w. Super 44

W. the spark plug behind the steering shaft; remove the front steer tire and remove it from the wheel well, works a little easier

Old 01-29-2011, 07:26 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well, this was during the last few days............actually haven't driven the truck today.

replaced the rad for a second time Thursday. damn lower trans line fitting was buggered. no prolems since Thursday afternoon.

also, tore off one of my hitch lights traversing through a ditch & field, to pull a 1 ton back onto the road found out you can drag it up a 30-35* incline with a locked up diff.

really need to get my relocation done on those lights.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:28 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MTopper
how is this the only time you've filled up? you've had the pickup for how long now?
My dad has yet to fill his 08 F150. $120 doesn't even do it.

As for me. Drove a thought alot! Tried to pinpoint my "no *****" problem. And tried recreating it over and over. I can't, I just either get it running great or stumble and fall on its face. Never the same outcome. Used to be bad on hills, now great. Had o drive like a granny to get anywhere, now It depends on how it feels. It really irritating me because it usually happens when I need the power. I'm afraid to go on the highway. Got the codes read and I have O2 heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2, and good ole' random misfire. Chris mentioned TPS, but can that be intermittent? Like I have full throttle range sometimes but then others I give it half and it SLOWLY creeps up to about 2000 rpm and then jumps instantly to about 3000 and takes off.

I'm lost, but I'm glad my job is kinda close and no highways.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:48 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

so you are starting on Monday, Brad?

good to hear.

i'll let you know how i make out with my Dad's 'Burb on Tuesday.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:50 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Yup!

Yea definitely let me know cuz its really bugging me.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?