General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
I am going to set it so that it will bolt up to the rack with an additional bracket. This way it is removable. The lights will be about 9-10 inches in front of the forward most cross bar in the rack (I have 4 cross bars).
Test fit the lights today and found it is much to bouncy and front heavy so I had to cut down the brakets. The lights will sit in front of the the forwarsd most cross bar but not by much maybe 4 inches now.

Last edited by DKSDAD; 02-04-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Just purchase a set of 6k bids for her. Now its the waiting game.

Also got the front/rear diffs, transfor case, tranny with a fluid change.

Last edited by wheelhead4x4; 02-03-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: add more to it
Old 02-03-2011, 08:02 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Replaced my pcv valve today since i have never done that. Also confirmed that i need a new blower resistor. Waiting on money to do a cap/rotor/plugs/wires since it idles rough.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:26 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

This is the final mounting location for the lights. I just have to touch up some paint and the wire them up. Th cross bar is a peice of 1&3/4" fence pipe I found and the brackets are some L brakets from storage shelves that were being thrown out where I work. I mounted the cross bar to the brackets with 1&3/4" muffler clamps and painted the whole thing with spray on truck bed liner. Total cost $12.00 for the paint, muffler clamps I had in my tool box and the lights I got for free. I will put up pics once they are powered up also.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-001.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-002.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-003.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-004.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-005.jpg  

Old 02-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Does anyone else dream about there blazers and all the ideas you have for it?

Old 02-04-2011, 12:24 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Brian_D
Does anyone else dream about there blazers and all the ideas you have for it?
Yup, and its 1 of the reasons I can never get to bed before 1:30-2:00. I was all logged off and said let me check the forum 1 more time.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Yup, think about, hmm if i won a ton of cash what could i all do to it!

And ^ You lucky ****, howd you get those lights for free, im envious

Old 02-04-2011, 12:25 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

so determined to figure out exactly what caused my blower motor to go out and make sure it wasnt anything in my dash. i tore into my dash today and pulled radio and ac switch which both seemed fine and didnt really smell like that electrical burn smell.... found bulbs bad in it and sure thinking im going to replace them while its out.... also pulled gauges out and half my bulbs are iether burn out or missing going to post pictures......

Old 02-04-2011, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran

Bolted the roof lights up tight and took it for a spin not happy to much flexing. I am going to have to re think my plan. Back to the drawing board .

Old 02-04-2011, 06:55 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
Yup, and its 1 of the reasons I can never get to bed before 1:30-2:00. I was all logged off and said let me check the forum 1 more time.

that's an almost daily thing for my nights on the forum.

lights are looking good Tony. hopefully you can get them more secure.

over the last few days with my truck.................

i played in the snow.....alot!
got my brother a golden ticket.
dragged the engine from my brother's RX back to his place.
picked up some new wieght equipement.
even though i finally got rid of my SES & increased my mileage (quite a bit actually) i managed to put almost 2 tanks of fuel through it.

sometimes i drive waaaaaay too much.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?