General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 07:22 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Winterset will get it soon enough. The Duke wouldn't have it any other way, pilgrim.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:43 AM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

Very true! And by that time, I will most likely wish we didn’t have it

Old 12-03-2018, 06:15 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CWBDDSPC
Very true! And by that time, I will most likely wish we didn’t have it
Hope you don't live south of town....those "S" curves can be pretty dangerous in icy conditions.
Great place, brought the wife there last Memorial Day. Hadn't been to Clark's Tower since I was 17..

Old 12-03-2018, 06:20 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Fixed my fog light that decided it was going to come unplugged for some reason :P

Old 12-04-2018, 09:30 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by int3414
thats beautiful,just like home....nothing better than when the rear cover starts leaking....that was my question,,.other than some clunking,,not sure it really bothers anything
As long as it's got fluid in there (and no water), it'll be fine.

When I took that pic, I had just topped it off for the first time in 3 years, lol.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:23 PM

Started on (and got about 80% done with) projector retrofitting my aftermarket headlights

Old 12-16-2018, 12:12 PM
puttster is on a distinguished road

Replaced all the tie rods. Took 3-4 hours but now I'm ready for an alignment. Took some play out of the steering wheel, too.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:05 PM

Haven't even driven the darn thing over my 4 day Christmas vacation. I went to fire it up this afternoon and it repaid me with a dead battery :P

AND, as I let it set and run for a little bit to recharge the battery, I noticed a new oil spot forming under the back... I've been noticing a little wetness around the trans bellhousing every time I climb underneath for whatever reason, it's just never been a substantial enough leak for me to really track down. Judging by the little pool that formed in the 10-15 minutes it sat running this afternoon, I think I'll be able to track it down now for sure... If I'm lucky, it's a bad oil pressure sensor sending unit. If I'm unlucky, it's that darn lower intake gasket. If I'm REALLY unlucky, it's the rear main... 206k on the engine, I've done the intake gaskets once already but knew nothing about the upgraded Felpro gaskets at the time so I have NO idea which ones I used then... I've never touched the oil pressure sending unit, I've got a spare one so if that's what it is at least it's a quick and free fix, but for me it's never that easy so I'm not getting my hopes up... I really wouldn't put it pass being the rear main with the mileage on the truck...

Guess tomorrow I'll probe with a mirror and a flash light and hope to God it see a wet oil sending unit, or even evidence of the intake gasket, because I REALLY don't want to drop the transmission LOL. But hey if I do it'll give me an excuse to throw in the rebuilt 4L65E I've got and a fresh transfercase (because that's ALSO leaking...) at the same time I suppose...

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 12-26-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:44 PM
Beginning Member
1999redblazer is on a distinguished road

i put 800 cca battery in it today, still cant get hatch to open. i need to replace brake light before i get busted.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:49 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Haven't even driven the darn thing over my 4 day Christmas vacation. I went to fire it up this afternoon and it repaid me with a dead battery :P

AND, as I let it set and run for a little bit to recharge the battery, I noticed a new oil spot forming under the back... I've been noticing a little wetness around the trans bellhousing every time I climb underneath for whatever reason, it's just never been a substantial enough leak for me to really track down. Judging by the little pool that formed in the 10-15 minutes it sat running this afternoon, I think I'll be able to track it down now for sure... If I'm lucky, it's a bad oil pressure sensor sending unit. If I'm unlucky, it's that darn lower intake gasket. If I'm REALLY unlucky, it's the rear main... 206k on the engine, I've done the intake gaskets once already but knew nothing about the upgraded Felpro gaskets at the time so I have NO idea which ones I used then... I've never touched the oil pressure sending unit, I've got a spare one so if that's what it is at least it's a quick and free fix, but for me it's never that easy so I'm not getting my hopes up... I really wouldn't put it pass being the rear main with the mileage on the truck...

Guess tomorrow I'll probe with a mirror and a flash light and hope to God it see a wet oil sending unit, or even evidence of the intake gasket, because I REALLY don't want to drop the transmission LOL. But hey if I do it'll give me an excuse to throw in the rebuilt 4L65E I've got and a fresh transfercase (because that's ALSO leaking...) at the same time I suppose...
I have a similar leak. I too am hoping it is not the rear main seal but I suspect it might be. I'll be looking for your posts on your search for the leak. I like the idea of installing a 4L65E!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?