General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Beginning Member
toohai2 is on a distinguished road

i got new shocks and brake pads all the way around, and new front rotors installed. Also fixed my pegged oil press gauage. Reached behind the dist, pigtail not plugged in...then found out why. Someone installed a 3-wire oil press sender instead of the 1-wire sender. Boy that was PITA to get too. But I have 50lbs now.

I was cussing up a storm, but it was gratifying when i got done. Gotta love DIY!

Old 03-17-2011, 11:08 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

^ oil the seal, then hand tight, never have any leak problems (but hand tight depends on how strong you are )

Well shop was only able to warranty one of my leaking calipers, ended up being a $400 touch, OUCH, hopefully when my mech gets back from arizona he can warranty the other calipers and bring that number down a bit....Lost .5L of brake fluid in a month, 3 calipers were leaking, called my mech in arizon he told me to see his buddy at this shop and he would take care of it, and its a long story about only one caliper being warrantied.....all 4 calipers replaced 1.5 years ago.......they pressure tested the brakes and said they wernt leaking......today....but dont really feel like taking a chance with that when im going to be going down a mountain with a trailer behind me that doesnt have trailer brakes......anyways hopefully can get the other 2 calipers warrantied when my mech gets back, labour only ran me 100 bucks for replacing 3 calipers and new pads in the rear (damn sticky sliders)...so means if i did it by myself it would take me longer than it would take me at work to pay for them.....(Wish i had the spare time to be able to do it myself though).

Now just to help my old auto shop teacher out with their super mileage car, they are bringing it by my shop next thursday to brainstorm some ideas how to get the rolling resistance down (last year they ran i think about 300mpg..somewhere around that i have no idea). Helped them out its a full aluminum frame weighs under 200lbs, 3 wheels, ran it with 20" bike wheels last year, think we might switch it up to 700c's with a skinnier tire this year....ill snap some pics when they bring it in

Old 03-18-2011, 12:09 AM
mxpxpunkrock1987 is on a distinguished road

well changed my oil today 2nd oil change since i got the 83 chevy s10 shes doing ok for 160,000 miles i should say shes my daily driver and working on the vacuum lines in the am gota replace them all and getting to work on my mercury this weekend to change a timing cover and drop the oil pan and some what gona try to resurrect my green beaty in my garage this spring - summer i miss driving my 1998 gmc jimmy 4x4 best truck i ever bought and spent money on well it 1am had a long day and workin in the am life sucks but there are its ups and downs .

Old 03-18-2011, 12:25 AM
vastick is on a distinguished road

Chevy vortec steering wheel cover, new air filter, and a oil change

Old 03-18-2011, 01:22 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

sea foamed it today. not as much smoke as i had expected. does anyone know a better place than the break booster vac line to add 1/3 of the sea foam?

Old 03-18-2011, 01:51 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

New transmission lines , I have been putting it off thinking that it would be a pain but it was easy only took about a hour . Thank god for the 3 " body lift .

Old 03-18-2011, 02:44 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Well Yesterday me and a some buddys took a trip up to the pipeline. Had about 20 vids but the camera man has a potty mouth so only uploaded 3.

the way up

YouTube - GMC Jimmy on highway

wheeling

YouTube - GMC Jimmy Navigating steep gully

The project jeep that we got for free.

YouTube - Jeep stuck in snow

Old 03-18-2011, 03:12 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough
Old 03-18-2011, 05:57 PM
mykeboy01 is on a distinguished road

Just changed my fuel filter, serpentine belt, and one of my back-up lights! Runs and lights up like a champ

Old 03-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Just finshed doing the plugs,wires,rotor,and cap. She running great an no more miss firing

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?