General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:55 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

...well..nothing to the blazer..but to something it will be pulling......crossthreaded a stainless bolt installing a fork mount in the trailer....dammit..... Murphys law seeing as i only bought the exact number of bolts i needed....thats what you get when you have 1/2" of carpet and you need to depress it before you can get a good enough hold on the bolt with the nut...(And ive probably lost everyone on that one, lol)........now for the walk of shame to go buy one bolt from home depot.......got the carpet all installed and wiring all run in the trailer, drilled out wheel mounts, time to cut wood to length and countersink bolt holes for the wheel mounts and bolt them up to the wall.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:54 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Found "Le Bose amp". Its tiny lol! My monsoon in my GA was bigger lol. Anyways samething tho. Cut and solder cut and solder. Thats for another day after my 0/1 is run and I buy speakers. This means SHOPPPPPPPPING, the only kind I like, other that hats!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

I spent 3 hours on detailing and cleaning my truck yesterday to take pictures for craigslist and holy **** it'sa stormin down here.. Hoping to get at least 4 or 4.5 for my truck this summer

Old 04-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Starting Member
billbobagns is on a distinguished road

97 Blazer;
Fuel Pump (new fuel tank vent from O'Reilly's)
Swapped dash w/ one from salvage with Tach
Rear End swap from 98. Now have G-80 and 4W-Disc
Lower ball-joints
both half-shafts
4 wheel brake job - turned rotors and new calipers
Shocks all around
Replace radiator
AC Comp, replace all O-rings, expan valve, flushed, re-assembled, evac, new 134a
Intake gasket set (good Felpro one).
Inspect injector assy.
all hoses and belt (Gates)
four new highway tires (on originally wheels)
four new studded snow-tires (on spare wheels) I run these Nov - March in Oklahoma
replace all vac lines from intake to Heat/AC and Transfer Case and front axle
Added overhead console w/Trip calc. from Ebay
Sony stereo w/Bluetooth for Phone and Music
velcro center of steering wheel for my Android. This runs Google Maps GPS, Pandora Internet Music and of course, my phone. Bluetooth links it to my dash stereo. I get the music I want, that music fades when my GPS needs to tell me to turn, and both fade when I get a call "hands free"

Did Sonnax valve replace in 4L60 Tranny to correct P1870 error code due to TCC slip under load.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:42 AM
mohms is on a distinguished road

Not today, but a couple days ago... Finally replaced the old beat up and cracked front bumper on my 01 Jimmy Diamond Edition. I removed the wimpy looking stock "bull" bar (probably wouldn't even push a large dog, let alone a bull) a year or so ago, which left two holes through the bumper where it mounted. Nice and ugly.

Now the bumper looks factory fresh!

Next up, distributor cap and maybe rotor. Engine miss and runs like poop after a rain. Not good

Old 04-05-2011, 12:16 PM

Ordered a Spectre Intake today. On sale at Performance Improvements for $149. Be here tomorrow hopefully!

Old 04-05-2011, 01:06 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mohms
Not today, but a couple days ago... Finally replaced the old beat up and cracked front bumper on my 01 Jimmy Diamond Edition. I removed the wimpy looking stock "bull" bar (probably wouldn't even push a large dog, let alone a bull) a year or so ago, which left two holes through the bumper where it mounted. Nice and ugly.

Now the bumper looks factory fresh!

Next up, distributor cap and maybe rotor. Engine miss and runs like poop after a rain. Not good
If you don't want the diamond bull bar you should look into selling it. I think it could fetch a lot of interest.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:50 PM

Since my last post (hour and a half) I bought 3 HID kits, diodes for High 6 mod, and Z71 decals!

I love tax time!

Old 04-05-2011, 06:06 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

didnt do anything but check on my radiator leak, appears to not be leaking anymore! the lower retainer nut on the engine oil cooler was barely finger tight, causing coolant to slightly leak from the tank. weird, but true. tightened with some channellocks and so far so good.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Beginning Member
wildchild is on a distinguished road

put scratches in the cowl hood i just put on.. Talk about being pissed but its just a hood and it can be fixed could be worse could be dented

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?