General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:07 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

i finally got around to washing my baby. she looks fantastic. even after a quick wash.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:35 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Took the blazer for its third wash in a week, installed my new seat back adjuster handle and fixed my sagging steering column cover.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Beginning Member
Mikeinnh is on a distinguished road

Finally got rid of that dented right fender. Replaced the hinge pins and bushings on the right door too. I actually started on it yesterday. I scheduled a vacation day today so I'd have plenty of time to deal with rusted bolts.
I went from this:

To this (still have to put the pinstripes back on):

Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

lol 1/8" - clearance is used as a mild term. MMMMMm Timmies! What did the screws go through? I'm just wondering if they went through the bed rail if you used silicone, pre drill & paint or ? to seal out rust.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Washed it today and detailed like crazy. Took me about 4 hours. I wiped every little nook and gap. I also used SOS ***** on the tires, then used an entire can of tire shine on the tires and mudflaps. Even did the treads of the tires, they look brand new!

I need to wax then put my lug covers and mudflap inserts back on tomorrow, then she's ready for a car show!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:56 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I was home over the weekend... and some *********expletive of your choice....

Stole my billet bowtie.... But, the blazer is still running like a champ and no one wants to buy it.... Thinking about taking off the brushguard and other items...

Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Beginning Member
wdhova is on a distinguished road
Default I upgaded

When I first got on here I said I would never sell my Blazer, 96,4x4, 5spd, 2dr.
I have stayed true to that but yesterday I finally got my ZR2 that I have always wanted. FYI my 96 will go up for sale soon, I will post on here as well as craigslist in case there are any interested parties.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer_5.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer_2.jpg  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Just finished my ghetto rigged Camaro electric fans. Just on a toggle switch for now. Runs at 87 Celsius. Normal operating temp is 90.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:07 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

nothing much today going for an state inspection tomorrow hope they dont find the play in my steering wheel . =X also going to change the wires since my coil wire keeps poping out on its own

Old 05-17-2011, 09:14 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rottidog
lol 1/8" - clearance is used as a mild term. MMMMMm Timmies! What did the screws go through? I'm just wondering if they went through the bed rail if you used silicone, pre drill & paint or ? to seal out rust.
Haha I know eh? Love the timmies! I used 2 2" screws to hold the box to the blocks and 2 1.5" screws to hold the whole thing to the truck. There was actually already a box on this truck previously. Pre-drilled and painted. Solid as a rock! Its not in 100% condition. The left handle doesn't work most of the time and the top isn't tight. I adjusted as much as I could and it does it's job. Still wanna get some weather stripping to make it completely water tight. Gonna house my aux. battery for lights, audio and such.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?