General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:31 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about

I painted my spare tire rack today and will probably put on another coat here soon. I hope to install it tomorrow when the paint will fully dry. It had a few rust spots but not bad at all. I'm glad I picked this one up, it was in good condition. I've got my driver ready to put some holes in the blaze tomorrow lol.

I have a question though. Has anybody painted there underbody. If you look at the blazer from the side, it looks a little rusty. If someone has painted this area, how did you go about doing it? Just curious. Thanks!

Old 06-05-2011, 09:24 AM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by XtremeMarine
Moving back to daytona beach area in a few weeks. Getting out of the marines and going back to college. I have an 04 blazer xtreme and was looking for possible shows and upcoming spl competitions. Any help out?

I live in daytona man!!!!

Old 06-05-2011, 11:52 AM
redcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

My son and I finally replaced by non working sun roof in the blazer with a complete working one from a breakers here in the UK..............after weeks of sunshine it has started raining. doh.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Starting Member
maddie's dad is on a distinguished road

I did a real easy DIY task on the Jimmy yesterday. I put half my paycheck in the gas tank. Today I will change the plugs in my 2.2 s10 pickup. That and clean my k&n air filter

Old 06-05-2011, 05:16 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

today i did the first real wash/polish/wax of this year. Still looks pretty decent for a 10 year old truck.

Sorry for the picture quality, all i have a cell phone for pics right now. so they're not the best.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:13 PM
DySfUnCtIoNaL is on a distinguished road

Painted the grille again, then went back and painted the inserts black.
Also put $53.00 worth of gas in her.

Before.

After.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:17 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Took a closer look to see if I could tell where the trans was leaking from. After 2 hours, the only thing I can figure is it has to be the front seal on the trans, as I cannot pinpoint any one leaking spot.

Also, realized I'm missing a pin/bolt/something that holds the front lower facia on, since that's sagging. I previously thought the ZR2 bumper flare was what kept it on.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:11 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Took a closer look to see if I could tell where the trans was leaking from. After 2 hours, the only thing I can figure is it has to be the front seal on the trans, as I cannot pinpoint any one leaking spot.

Also, realized I'm missing a pin/bolt/something that holds the front lower facia on, since that's sagging. I previously thought the ZR2 bumper flare was what kept it on.

my front seal is going its not as bad as yours but imma replace it once i get some cash in . I dont need a new tranny lol well cant afford one cuase im only 18 =X

Old 06-05-2011, 07:25 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

From what I have heard you pretty much have to remove the trans to do the seal, so I just hope it lasts, lol.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:34 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
From what I have heard you pretty much have to remove the trans to do the seal, so I just hope it lasts, lol.
yea my dad said we need to drop the trans and clean it then put the new seal =X I got a headache thinking about it

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?