General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:41 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I hear that. Luckily my friend works at a shop and is getting me a good deal on a rebuild or I'd have to burn the truck and hope to get what I paid for it out of insurance, haha.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
I hear that. Luckily my friend works at a shop and is getting me a good deal on a rebuild or I'd have to burn the truck and hope to get what I paid for it out of insurance, haha.
When I got my trans rebuilt they used a corvette servo for 2nd gear (crisper shifts & less belt wear) & used kevlar belts, stiffer springs for quicker/firmer shifts etc. It's a Trans Go Mr Shift SK 4L60E series L shift kit - along with the corvette servo. Ask the mechanic about any or all the above. Mine was a cash deal, still has a warrenty etc but to r/r, clean dissasemble etc etc it was $1800. Not a bad price for the labour & what went into it. They said this is what they do to full size GM's with these 4L60E trans that have 35" tires & play in the mud & off road. In mine I can beat the snot out of it all day (this side of high RPM neutral drops) & it will get me back home.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:44 PM

The price for mine is 1025 to remove, rebuild and reinstall. I can't afford anything more expensive right now, so I'm doing a basic rebuild. If/when I need something more heavy duty, I will hopefully have the money for it, haha.

Oh, it also includes a new torque converter for that price.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:49 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Well that's decent especially with the new converter. I think the cost on the shift kit I had installed was around $400 or so. The corvette servo is about $50. So that along with the extra steps for it all - I'm happy, you should be too when all is said n done.

I didn't know what I was missing right away because I had the blazer with shift issues from day one. Reverse in the winter was sluggish when it was cold (blown seal, Lucas Trans fluid helped a bit) 1-2 was a bit sluggish/long.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:57 PM

I can't wait for the trans rebuild actually. I have 2 gears and know from driving my stepmoms ZR2 just how fun these things can be. Mid July cannot get here fast enough!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:18 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Replace my front pads and rotors after work on Saturday. I just wish I had more spray on bed liner when I had the wheels off.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-011.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-010.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-009.jpg  
Old 06-06-2011, 12:21 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

^^AC Delco FTW IMO, put them on my Blazer to replace the junk that they put on when the mechanical was done and my truck stopped great after. I'm actually looking forward to putting new brakes on my Sierra lol.

While we're on the subject of my Sierra... I just bought a new trailer-mounted accessory for her today.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...-46263/page26/

Old 06-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Took the brush guard of my Jimmy and started the slow process of bed lining it.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:53 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

took a few pics in my driveway. gonna go out tonight and take some pics after dark down at the causeway and post em up later.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:13 PM

Got a loan to get the trans fixed. Truck goes in tomorrow.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?