General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 02:46 AM
jimkochuyt is on a distinguished road

I recharged my AC over the weekend, the AC compressor will NOT kick in if the freon level is too low. Try putting in a can of R134A with system sealer and see what happens, the system should be full at 35. Mine took two cans before it was fully charged. GOOD LUCK!

Old 06-07-2011, 07:13 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
check your connections or you might need a new compressor . get a test light and check if you got power in your connections if you do check the ground then if its grounded good you gonna have to replace the compressor

It's on the list, haha. I literally haven't thought of anything else but the trans and debadging it... mostly because I got a rubber eraser wheel and then realized my drill sucks.

Once the trans is done, I'll worry about the A/C, stereo, lift, etc etc etc.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Drove an hour and a half (couldn't take the highway due to only having 1st and 2nd gear left in the trans) to drop the truck off with the trans guy. Along the way the temperature readout said it got a slight bit toasty outside.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:45 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Drove an hour and a half (couldn't take the highway due to only having 1st and 2nd gear left in the trans) to drop the truck off with the trans guy. Along the way the temperature readout said it got a slight bit toasty outside.
with only first and second you might have had time with those temps to cook a steak on your hood.....mmmmmm steak...

Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
with only first and second you might have had time with those temps to cook a steak on your hood.....mmmmmm steak...

IM IN lets go buy some steaks !

Old 06-07-2011, 09:55 PM

Oh I don't doubt it, I couldn't touch the hood when I got there and it was peeing trans fluid all over when I pulled in. I really just hope the case didn't crack. So now I'm driving my sisters 96 Grand Am for a few days while it's rebuilt... then have to spend more money figuring out the A/C.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:59 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Oh I don't doubt it, I couldn't touch the hood when I got there and it was peeing trans fluid all over when I pulled in. I really just hope the case didn't crack. So now I'm driving my sisters 96 Grand Am for a few days while it's rebuilt... then have to spend more money figuring out the A/C.
fix my trans =P and lets cook some steaks !

Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 AM

Mmmmm, steak...

Old 06-08-2011, 12:37 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

i thought mine would break if it went that high............minnesota doesnt get that hot........or rather it didnt, till a few days ago set a new record, it was 103 down in minneapolis

was about 90 and humid yesterday up here in the sticks, today.........its like 55-60

Old 06-08-2011, 12:50 PM

Found out today that my trans rebuild has a 30 month 30K warranty on it instead of the 12/12 I thought it had. Very happy about it, but still waiting on the guy to call me back and tell me if it's fixable or if it has to be rebuilt.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?