General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:09 AM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Using air tools makes changing wheel bearings MUCH easier! My air hammer coaxes the axle out of the hub real quick and if that doesn't, my 5 ton puller will. Last one I changed was done in under 30 minutes. 20 minutes for a 2wd C1500.

I went to advance auto because i had to rent a 36mm socket. which was $52 but they gave me the money back when i returned it. I also tried getting a puller and they had a 4" a 5" and a 6" i think and the guy said ...... "thats not big enough for a hub" so i didnt buy it. and i was told to use an air hammer but didnt really see a good place to put the air hammer..

Also, if i were to find a puller that "fits" how exactly do you use it? Looks as simple as putting the threaded stud part on the middle of the axle and putting the arms around the base of the hub and spinning...?

Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 9Blazer6
I went to advance auto because i had to rent a 36mm socket. which was $52 but they gave me the money back when i returned it. I also tried getting a puller and they had a 4" a 5" and a 6" i think and the guy said ...... "thats not big enough for a hub" so i didnt buy it. and i was told to use an air hammer but didnt really see a good place to put the air hammer..
I use the tapered round bit in my air chisel and put it right into the counter drill on the end of the CV shaft.

Originally Posted by 9Blazer6
Also, if i were to find a puller that "fits" how exactly do you use it? Looks as simple as putting the threaded stud part on the middle of the axle and putting the arms around the base of the hub and spinning...?
That's basically it. You hook the arms onto the OD of the hub and then thread in the center until it tightens up against the end of the CV shaft. An impact helps here as well.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:51 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Gonna give it a bath when I get it back in a couple hours. *happy dance*

Old 06-16-2011, 03:08 PM

Well that was short lived... office girl called to say it was done, owner called 10 minutes later to say it was "done" but he's not happy with how it shifted on his test drive so he's going to keep working on adjustments and stuff. So now no truck until tomorrow. *angry*

Old 06-16-2011, 06:32 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

just got done changing the fuel filter

Old 06-16-2011, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Tore my dash apart for some pics to help someone here.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlazerBillyBob
Totally stoked today! I bought the Hypertech programmer for my vehicle for $200! I'm going to go play with it now. Cheers

Blazerbillybob where did you snag that deal up!?!

Got a 2" PA body lift today, wont be on for another week when i have a whole day off but still. Coulda got a 3'' but I wanted it now and didnt want to waste and extra 100dollars. Than putting the airdam and the bull bar back on. And soon some 32/12.5./15s will be on Mud terrians as always. ))

Old 06-17-2011, 06:19 AM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road

I got my "clear euro bumper lenses" and my white LEDS to match. Also had to go to advanced and buy 2 heavy duty electronic flashers. I started taking the lower dash apart to get to the flashers and theres 4 hex bolts i think. They were so tight that i actually snapped the head off a heax screw driver. So i had to go to the store and buy another set because those were junk lol. After i got all the bolts off the flashers were really easy to swap out. So then I went out to the front and started taking the old bumper lights out. Realised they are the SAME thing. Nothing euro or clear about them. So i said screw it ill just clean the old ones up and put them back in. So i did and then i went to put the bulb in it and they sent me the wrong LED bulb with the lights. FML. It just so happened to fit in my reverse lights. So now i have LED reverse bulbs and thats it lol. Going to the store where i can physically see which bulb im getting.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:10 AM
tri94bbc is on a distinguished road

Still waiting on my muffler back duals, shopping for a tent to convert to a spray booth for painting parts. All work done on the "Little Redhead" done in the street, the yard here is so tiny, a tent will most likely fill the yard... lol

Old 06-17-2011, 02:06 PM

Just got word my truck is done from having the trans done... so (unless round two goes like round 1 yesterday...) I'll be picking it up, dumping nearly 1200 bucks, little mud from the construction zone outside my house, then a car wash.

*crosses fingers*

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?