General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 05:55 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
just came home from advance auto parts and they gave me 2 right calibers . and now there telling me there for 2wd trucks like really........

Um. I did not know you could buy a Dodge Caliber at Advance... but how does that help your braking issue? Shouldn't you be buying Calipers?

Old 07-08-2011, 05:57 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Um. I did not know you could buy a Dodge Caliber at Advance... but how does that help your braking issue? Shouldn't you be buying Calipers?

i dont got a dodge what your talking about and i should of checked them before i left >.> imma go back tomorrow since its poring outside

Old 07-08-2011, 05:58 PM

You purchased CALIPERS not Calibers. Caliber is a Dodge vehicle. Caliper is what holds brake pads.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:00 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

You purchased CALIPERS not Calibers. Caliber is a Dodge vehicle. Caliper is what holds brake pads.

o great your right im going crazy then .... Imma walk away from the pc now ! SEE YAH

Old 07-08-2011, 06:01 PM

:-D I enjoy calling out people's spelling mistakes. Because I'm perfect and all! lol

Old 07-08-2011, 06:02 PM
BF Guru

:-D I enjoy calling out people's spelling mistakes. Because I'm perfect and all! lol

OK SMARTY ! should of used one of these >>>>

Old 07-08-2011, 06:53 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

well, fired her up for first time after intake gasket job, and changed oil and topped off coolant. looks like surgery was a total success...time to get her back on the road.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:44 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Not quite the Blazer... but worked on my Husband's Burban,

Drained about 2 quarts of oil until it was in the Operating Range. Tried to start but it wouldn't start. Took the Vortec assembly off to try and see if I can see fuel being squirted... then remember it was Direct Injected... left it off anyway and it fired right up. Put it back on and it started up again.

Thinking maybe the MAF needs cleaned or replaced? I don't know too much about those, tried to take it out but didn't have the right tool to.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:46 PM
BF Guru

Just came home from the auto parts with my calipers (the right ones) this time and i got stuck cause my iac valve got stuck again . going to take it apart now and get it to work again till my new one comes in

Old 07-09-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
Not quite the Blazer... but worked on my Husband's Burban,

Drained about 2 quarts of oil until it was in the Operating Range. Tried to start but it wouldn't start. Took the Vortec assembly off to try and see if I can see fuel being squirted... then remember it was Direct Injected... left it off anyway and it fired right up. Put it back on and it started up again.

Thinking maybe the MAF needs cleaned or replaced? I don't know too much about those, tried to take it out but didn't have the right tool to.
Funny you should mention oil being overfilled (or at least it sounds like it was)

My brother in law is borrowing my dad's Jimmy since my dad never uses it. When he first borrowed it, my dad told him it burns about a quart of oil every 1K miles, so check it regularly and fill as needed.

A couple weeks ago, my dad and I went out to take a look at the truck (battery was bad, bro in law knows NOTHING about cars) and on the way to Sears, the truck is running really rough.

Finally get home and I think maybe the oil is low or something so I start checking around.

He had about 4 qts too much oil in the thing. He was just adding oil every 1K miles, not checking it.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?