General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Drove my S10 Blazer for 30-40 miles. Going to take pictures of my Blazer and cd player/subwoofers/amp when I get up.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:07 PM
creteangel78 is on a distinguished road

found a vac hose sucking air like crazy, cant find where it goes, it's upper drivers side where the brake lines all connect! service engine soon has went from on all the time to blinking...

Old 08-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road

Yesterday I worked from 630am till 12am. So after a long day I had to take the turnpike home and my co-worker drives a 2010 f-150 with the 5.4. His mods include :Volant Intake, Edge programmer, and a custom dual exhaust. I wasnt planning on driving like a maniac on the way home being i was tired, but my buddy in the f-150 decided on a different tool both as we were pulling up. I knew what that meant. He wanted to race. So we both got our tickets at the same time and he had a slight pull on me. He had his floored and i had mine floored. I was about a half a car length on him the whole way untill about 200ft from where it turns back into 1 lane. He caught me and beat me by a car length. He calls me right after and he says "dude, that was f***in impressive, i had it floored the whole way" I only have a stock 4.3 with a cheap intake lol. So props to the blaze.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Today i added my rear work lights

I didnt get to wire them since it started raining

any ways i wasn't ready to wire them up

i still need a switch and a relay

Pictures in build thread =)

Old 08-20-2011, 03:06 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

So far I've replaced a burned out turn signal bulb up front, both burned out license plate bulbs out back, and am halfway through seafoaming the engine. About to head back downstairs and finish that up now. (finishing=driving it to clear out the carbon buildup)

License plate lights still don't work though, all fuses are good... so I have a gremlin to chase down eventually.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Beginning Member
tommy3678 is on a distinguished road

Finished up the rear brakes after replacing the backing plates, axle seals, and having the differential open. Changed the oil.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:48 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by creteangel78
found a vac hose sucking air like crazy, cant find where it goes, it's upper drivers side where the brake lines all connect! service engine soon has went from on all the time to blinking...
If it heads into the fenderwell then that could be the vacuum line that goes into the cabin for the heater vent controls.

We have a few that are attached to the intake manifold just infront of the firewall, some with splitters, look for a splitter with a open end.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:00 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Installed the B&M Supercooler # 70255 I think, it's the 9800 BTU model.
Pretty straight forward after I stopped making sure I was disconnecting the return line on the rad to route through the cooler. Then routing & rerouting the lines & making sure they'd be long enough before I cut the 4' of hose that's in the kit.
Removed the front clip to get to the front of the A/C condenser so I could mount it infront like they suggest. Somewhere I read it has about a 5% gain over the next preferred method so every bit will help.

Started it up, checked for leaks & rechecked - all was good & I felt the cooler start to get warm as well as the trans lines, so that was good. Checked the trans fluid & I didn't even have to add any. Checked it again when I got home & it was still fine.

Then to top off the day I stopped for beer, the guy behind the counter asks if anyone came here on a bike?! One guy says yeah, why - I think it just got stolen!
Wholly crap, the guy that stole it hopped out of the van of a woman who was inside buying beer! The guy at the counter says yeah he just jumped out of that van. She says OMFG MY van!? I better GTFO here! & scrambles out to her van, I look outside hmmm FWD 149 is her plate! lol

Some people omg.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_2147-rs.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-100_2148-rs.jpg  

Last edited by Rottidog; 08-21-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:28 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Wired my work lights for some reason there way brighter in person

Old 08-20-2011, 10:52 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Then to top off the day I stopped for beer, the guy behind the counter asks if anyone came here on a bike?! One guy says yeah, why - I think it just got stolen!
Wholly crap, the guy that stole it hopped out of the van of a woman who was inside buying beer! The guy at the counter says yeah he just jumped out of that van. She says OMFG MY van!? I better GTFO here! & scrambles out to her van, I look outside hmmm FWD 149 is her plate! lol

Some people omg.
Unreal! I knew the 'Peg was a bit sketchy, but cmon'!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?