General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 06:55 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Hm, price went up since I had the one in my 94 done. I only paid 50 I think, but it worked perfectly.

Originally Posted by tibby
Drove the blazer around a little today and there is a massive sticking of my throttle body.

I crank my blaze up and the rpm's go up and then come back down whether it is hot or cold. It idles at about 1k and whenever I am out on the open road the throttle seems to stick and it doesn't want to slow down until I put the brake on. When I goto slow down when a stop light is near, it seems to not want to shift down into a lower gear. It is louder than normal because of the high revving issue. I tried to use the 'ole turn ignition on and press the gas pedal all the way down then I tried using the throttle cable and pressing it open and close and open and close. The problem still persists. Ugh... idk what it is. Any ideas? Do you think the sensor went bad?
It's that darn Toyota mod you did...

Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Hm, price went up since I had the one in my 94 done. I only paid 50 I think, but it worked perfectly.

It's that darn Toyota mod you did...

same guy ? and tibby hows the cable feel when you race it from the engine compartment

Old 09-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

tibby is your cable catching anywhere?

Old 09-12-2011, 07:01 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

So many people at once lol. This is going to require a lot of editing of one post.

First off, random, what yota mod are you talking about?

Gio whenever I pull on the cable it seems to slowly rev down when the revs should be going down a bit faster.

Silver, my throttle cable is a bit long and I think the person before me who had it put the wrong one in. I don't see where it is catching anywhere. Although, it is knotted.

I'll put up some pics when I get back.

Last edited by tibby; 09-12-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: add
Old 09-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Hmm....have you tried to putting on the correct one?

Old 09-12-2011, 07:28 PM

Please, call me Sean.

That said, it was a joke. Remember the Prius's revving all over the place last year?

Old 09-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Please, call me Sean.

That said, it was a joke. Remember the Prius's revving all over the place last year?

The prius weren't the only ones with that problem over the last few years. IIRC they had it with the little pickups and the minivans and i think the camry's too. But they were less publicized. They recalled ALL toyota floormats in the end for that year or something..

Gio you have PM

Old 09-12-2011, 08:36 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

hell. i would have done your fuel pump. im not that far from you either. tinley park is by chicago right? thats only like an hour from my house. lol. too bad.

either way i only drove my blaze to work and back. had a kick *** day at work though. spent most of the day napping and listening to music. then having a couple with the buds. easiest day of all time.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:47 PM

Remember how close it is next time you go wheeling, Litterbug. Once I swap my hubs, I'm anxious to have some darn fun in this thing, haha

Old 09-12-2011, 09:56 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Please, call me Sean.

Ok Sean, lol. And yea, I remember about the pedal sticking. For some reason, I was thinking of something else haha.

But the weird part is, the throttle cable has been fine even if it isn't the correct one. This just started after a brand new fuel filter was put on and then a cleaning of the throttle body. I wonder what happened? The blaze is still revving high. It's driving me crazy.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?