General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Got pulled over yet again for NO reason. Wasted 10 minutes of my time. No speeding or nothing...when he realized I caught onto what he was trying to do and pointed out his blown headlight he let me go.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I started installing the headlight guards after work

More pictures of it finished in my build thread ENJOY !!!!!

Old 11-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

F@$%n parts didn't show up today...last time i EVER pay for overnight shipping....damnit.

Still no power...this generator is going to get expensive ($40 every 2 days for gas)....got a 55 gallon barrel for water to flush the toilet. Didn't do anything to the blazer though, she's just sitting in the shop awaiting the fuel pump. I don't wanna start tearing anything apart untill i have part in hand.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
F@$%n parts didn't show up today...last time i EVER pay for overnight shipping....damnit.

Still no power...this generator is going to get expensive ($40 every 2 days for gas)....got a 55 gallon barrel for water to flush the toilet. Didn't do anything to the blazer though, she's just sitting in the shop awaiting the fuel pump. I don't wanna start tearing anything apart untill i have part in hand.
Now they have to show up the day after I think. Probably a disclaimer covering their *** though.

Jump your gen down to only using what you need it'll save some gas.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Silver00LT
Now they have to show up the day after I think. Probably a disclaimer covering their *** though.

Jump your gen down to only using what you need it'll save some gas.
I'm running at less than half load. except at night when running the space heater it's only running at 15% load ish. Fridge = 400 watts, one lamp at .5 watts (cfl bulb) LED TV at 5 watts, dish reciever at 10 watts, interweb box at 2 watts, and laptop at 1 watt. total of 418.5 out of a total 2400 watts available....with the heater going i'm running at 1918.5 watts but it's one of them newfangled digital ones that shuts off at 70* so it's not running constant

I'm getting about 12 hours per 4 gallons gas....but 4 gallons gas = $14 =$28 bucks per 24 hours running constant.

Edit: I've been told that if it doesn't show up tomorrow they will refund the difference in shipping prorated to the closest day. ie. if it's 2 days they'll refund me the difference for 2 day shipping, 3 days, 4 days, etc.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

those light guards look great GEO. well for me i started taking apart the heater box to see if i can transplant it from the 74 to the 86. hopefully its a direct fit. i also started taking the wheel well apart. i got the passenger side out cause i figured i needed to do that in order to get the box out anyways. so im moving along slowly but surely. sucks that the sun sets at 6 now. only get like 2 hours of daylight to work in. sucks. lol.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:27 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Mounted a cooling fan in my overhead console for my high power led map lights along with some heatsinks. Hopefully that will keep them under 300 degrees.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

I had to scrape off the ice and snow off my truck. Snowing here in Colorado. Also put in 45dollars in gas. Checked the tire pressure.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Beginning Member
alloy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by litterbug
she likes your for your blazer. FACT: chicks dig blazers.
She hasn't seen my Blazer yet. Must be my charming personality she likes

Old 11-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Beginning Member
nate.chesebro is on a distinguished road

Just bought one a few days ago. The blazer had a sub in the rear end, but that did not come with, fortunately. However, all the wiring was still in the vehicle.

I was able to pull all the extra wiring out, and get it disconnected from the battery. The only thing is, I could not figure out how to get to the stereo to remove the entire wire, so I cut it flush with its point of exit from the dash.

Removed and ordered a new hazard light button.

Then put everything back together, and discovered that the battery had died. Not sure why it went so fast, will be making a post about that and the remaining wire in the electrical section to stay on topic here...

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?