General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 12:56 PM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 96chevblazer
Wow those lights are amazingly strong!
Yes they are ... 3x100W. Im thinking about order a 55W HID kits for them to gain a little extra light or to match the Blazers HID converted day running lights.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:35 AM
Starting Member
Bad Attitude is on a distinguished road

Grrrrrrrrrr failed WOF (warrant of fitness) this morning bugger!! had to come home and sort ball joints and straighten sway bar link and check the inertia real seatbelt on the passenger seat the ******** at the garage said it wasn't locking on when he stopped from 10kmh.

So after discovering lower balljoint on drivers side wasn't even done up properly and giving the truck a full grease up it's all good.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:25 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

wow, those lights are HUGE!! They're tough as hell too.
I wouldn't want them on my truck though unless it was on the roof. No offense, but they look god aweful on the front of the truck like that. Still, really nice lights, and I'm sure they're going to work awesome on the trails!

Old 12-21-2009, 01:45 PM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

Sisk, I agree with you and I dont think any driving lights looks good. I was looking for effenciency when I bought these driving lights. The sales man guaranteed me that I was not be able to break these lights ... guess if I was surprised when he hit the lights with a really big wrench and it didn't show at all on the light.
I tried to mount them on the roof bot my Blazer looked like Mickey Mouse with these 9,5" lights.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:00 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

went ahead and threw a FM super 40 to go with my hi-flow cat. dumped 90 from the muffler just forward of the rear tire. pics to follow.

sounds really REALLY weak. cai, hi-flow cat, and FM = deeper thub thub sound, but it craps out at about 2k rpms and just sounds.... like my stock muffler with a cold.

anyone that cut their 40 off because it was too lound must be a crotchety old man.... i'm actually very dissapointed in it.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:55 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by blajeans
Sisk, I agree with you and I dont think any driving lights looks good. I was looking for effenciency when I bought these driving lights. The sales man guaranteed me that I was not be able to break these lights ... guess if I was surprised when he hit the lights with a really big wrench and it didn't show at all on the light.
I tried to mount them on the roof bot my Blazer looked like Mickey Mouse with these 9,5" lights.
Hmm, good point. I can't see them looking very good up top either. Can't complain about an indestructable light though!

Originally Posted by ABN31B
went ahead and threw a FM super 40 to go with my hi-flow cat. dumped 90 from the muffler just forward of the rear tire. pics to follow.

sounds really REALLY weak. cai, hi-flow cat, and FM = deeper thub thub sound, but it craps out at about 2k rpms and just sounds.... like my stock muffler with a cold.

anyone that cut their 40 off because it was too lound must be a crotchety old man.... i'm actually very dissapointed in it.
And that's too bad you're dissapointed in it Curtis. Just about any after market exhaust with the 4.3 drowns out at 2000-2500RPM. They get very ricey up top. Mine sounds the exact same as I imagine yours does. Really good right at 1500rpm and then it dies right off and sounds stock after about 2000-2500rpm.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:03 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

BOO! i say! BOOOOoOOOOoo! I think i'm going to have to idle around town now and stay out of the gas just so i can enjoy the sound

Old 12-22-2009, 12:17 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABN31B
BOO! i say! BOOOOoOOOOoo! I think i'm going to have to idle around town now and stay out of the gas just so i can enjoy the sound
Hey, it will boost your gas mileage lol. You just gotta remember to leave an hour and a half earlier for everything haha

Old 12-22-2009, 12:24 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bad Attitude
Grrrrrrrrrr failed WOF (warrant of fitness) this morning bugger!! had to come home and sort ball joints and straighten sway bar link and check the inertia real seatbelt on the passenger seat the ******** at the garage said it wasn't locking on when he stopped from 10kmh.

So after discovering lower balljoint on drivers side wasn't even done up properly and giving the truck a full grease up it's all good.
You must've gone to the VTNZ test station! They over react to everything! What did you hit to bend the sway bar? I've still got the OE ball joints in mine & they're fine - for now, he says, looking for some wood to touch! LOL

Glad you got it all sorted.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:50 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Well finally! I can contribute to this thread. Went and bought a tow bar the blazer. Will be dragging it back to Texas with me in two weeks, behind a '05 1/2 ton Silverado. Just cut top speed way back. Oh well 1700 miles is a long way no matter how you slice it.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?