General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 08:47 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I bet that's like the difference between day & night compared to halogens.
I can see 2 telephone poles & possibley make out another in the low beams, but in the high beams I can clearly see 4 telephone poles & possibly 5. WTG that's some good distance & don't take it the wrong way but uhh nice spread too lol.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Beginning Member
Chris1600 is on a distinguished road

LOL! Ya these lights are amazing! I think i'm like most new HID owners and why didn't i get these years ago?

Old 12-12-2011, 08:59 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Took it through the carwash. The truck had a couple specs of dirt on it, haha.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Beginning Member
kolbpilot is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by racsan
it might not do much better, my '97 will get 17-18 city, 22-23 highway. mine wieghs in somewhere about 5,000 pounds, has 4x4, a/c,3.42 gears. i have about 188K miles on mine. if your in a location that sees snow, you may run into "winter blend" fuel, its not quite as effeceint, plus you have a longer warm-up time and your engine isnt very effeicent when cold, plus all the fluids when cold have more resistance. mpg's in the winter due to these facts are not surprizingly lower. i quit checking my mileage when it gets cold out. considering the miles on your vehicle i think yours is doing pretty reasonable. granted if your far enough south that you dont see snow, most of what ive said is pointless to you, but given that you mentioned cooling issues "none in winter", i expect it must get somewhat cooler where you are.
Agree with what you say. I think for 212 thousand miles, my ol' 4.3 is running fine. And with better fuel, (we get the winter blend too, summer not much better, still gasahol) it would get better mileage. 18 mpg is my city average. I keep the trans. in 3rd in the city, not shifting in to overdrive until over 60 mph. One day, I'll see what the 3.08 rear end will do on a long trip, maybe 25 mpg. Maybe. But I think for City driving, (top speed 55 mph), the 3.42 or 3.55 ratios deliver equal mileage to the 3.08 with better acceleration. Today was the first 30 mile trip with the fan off. I noticed 3 things. First, it ran a little smoother &, had a little bit more zip. There was a slight difference. Second, how quiet it was. Amazing what you get used to, I realized you are constantly hearing some kind of fan noise, no matter how the low the level, it's there. But with the fan gone, it's pretty quiet up front. A third observance was the temp. gauge was a little more 'lively' in needle movement. It will climb up to around 200 & then you can watch it plunge as the thermostat opens, stabilizing at 170. Same as before but now it will read slightly hotter at a stop light. I think 170 degrees is slightly low on the temperature side but that is the correct temp. for a Blazer from what I understand. I only anticipate overheating possibilities come next summer. 90+ temps are the norm & I'm in uncharted territory for the moment. But according to a guy I 'commented' with on youTube, who did the same thing, said the slightest forward movement will cool the radiator of the Blazer, the trick being not to get stuck in heavy traffic stops. And of course, we'll see what the mileage does?

Last edited by kolbpilot; 12-12-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:02 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I was the same way, when I got the projectors I was in awe at the beam they had with the halogens. Then I got the 8000K HID's for the lows & waited till night all anxious lol. Impressed for sure seeing street signs BLOCKS ahead of where I usually noticed them. Then I got the 5000K's omg BLING! After I get a couple other issues fixed up (knock on wood) I'll do a quad beam mod on a relay so I can control them & run my DRL's (or just have them always on when it's running) to a pair of high output LED "fog lights" lol. Yeah like they'd light up anything beyond 10' but as a DRL they'll work just fine.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Washed the Tahoe down at the FD tonight. I was amazed at how much mud I had managed to get packed up on the underside of the truck throughout hunting season this year. I stuck to my plan of not washing the truck until I was done. Had to use a shovel to scrape up all of the mud off the floor when I was all done!

Old 12-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Beginning Member
Chris1600 is on a distinguished road

Ya i wish someone made projectors for jimmys. But i'll be very happy with these for quite a while(I hope!)

Old 12-13-2011, 06:10 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Got a set of late model rear views....now if only the weather will stop being terrible on my off days.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Both my power mirrors decided to stop working, the heaters still work in them but I think i'm going to order some new ones in the spring (one side hasn't worked in a while and now the other one stopped) they're cheap enough on rockauto.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:46 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I ordered 7 3w green leds and drivers for my blazer today.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?