General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 12:21 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Dropped the 'maro wheels off at the place to get them powdercoated. I should be able to pick them up at the end of the week or early next week. I'm excited! lol.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:13 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

^Can't wait to see them.

I ordered two blazerforum.com decals from here. $26 shipped. (a little cheaper if you go with the cheapest shipping option) I used the font under 'heavy fonts' called action force, and the decals in silver with a white border.

Here is what they will look like.

2" tall by 20" long.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:42 AM
Irocz327 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thogert
^Can't wait to see them.

I ordered two blazerforum.com decals from here. $26 shipped. (a little cheaper if you go with the cheapest shipping option) I used the font under 'heavy fonts' called action force, and the decals in silver with a white border.

Here is what they will look like.

2" tall by 20" long.
I'm deffitally getting some for the truck after xmas! thx for the link Thog.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Here's a teaser.....got some parts in today

Right outta the box

2 coats of paint,

3 coats of clear....Still wet

Old 12-21-2011, 02:27 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

That's sexy right there.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:58 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Put on new style mirrors and replaced the front door speakers.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:33 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

Hey Mike98blazer where'd ya get that bad *ss axle cover. Looks good is it as strong as it looks?

Old 12-21-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by TMM217
Hey Mike98blazer where'd ya get that bad *ss axle cover. Looks good is it as strong as it looks?
It looks like it. It doesn't weigh much more than the factory one cause it's aluminum, but it's 1/4" thick and it has supports for the main bearing caps. I got it from summit racing. Here'a a link. Summit Racing SME-8510400NL - Summit Racing® Manufacturing and Engineering Differential Support Covers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

they have 3 identical ones, that one (no logo), one with the Summit logo, and a TrickFlow one that look like they were all made by the same manufacturer and they are identical in price. (NOTE: if you buy this cover you're going to have to take a file to it as it doesn't have provisions to allow the fluid into the holes for the bearings, there's plenty of material there but keep that in mind when ordering it)

Soooo because it's too cold out the paint dried funny, oh well nobody's gonna see it anyway. Gonna install it tomorrow, Installed my new liscence plate lights today. The only thing that worries me a little is the metal shavings in the diff, not a TON of them but enough to make me worry a bit.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:34 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

get a magnet and get them out

Old 12-21-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
get a magnet and get them out
There's a magnet on the stock cover that's how i saw it, I'm just worried it's bearing material, the gears look good. I'm just gonna put her together and drive her.....Till I get my locker from Benedict bwahahahahaha.......

I'll get more pics tomorrow and put em in my build thread. I'm feelin lazy tonight.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?