General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:01 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Well that's good to know then. One less thing to worry about and all.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:30 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

hey hey hey. that picture doesnt do it justice. we dont know if you cleaned the back of it or not!!! that second pic was the outside!!! i declare you take the skid plate off and show us that you really got the inside clean!!! lol. either way 5 bucks is a hell of a deal since they are around 175 think in lmc truck. your yard must like you.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I got these on today.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:53 PM

Today I got to freak out as my passenger front wheel almost fell off. Driving to the store and I kept hearing a thud thud thud noise. Then I noticed that it went away when I hit the brakes so I pulled over. Passenger front wheel had two lugnuts missing, two on loose, and one stud sheared off. No clue how the hell it could have happened either, I haven't messed with that tire since I did my hubs a couple months ago.

So I ran to Autozone and got 2 new lugnuts, and retightened everything so I could get home. Tomorrow, I'll take the tire off again and see if I caused any damage to the wheel.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:12 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
I got these on today.

Looks good

I got this today in the mail
Its in great shape on the inside and the outside is taped so its reasonable

best 30 bucks spent thats all i need to say

Old 12-28-2011, 09:18 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Today I got to freak out as my passenger front wheel almost fell off. Driving to the store and I kept hearing a thud thud thud noise. Then I noticed that it went away when I hit the brakes so I pulled over. Passenger front wheel had two lugnuts missing, two on loose, and one stud sheared off. No clue how the hell it could have happened either, I haven't messed with that tire since I did my hubs a couple months ago.

So I ran to Autozone and got 2 new lugnuts, and retightened everything so I could get home. Tomorrow, I'll take the tire off again and see if I caused any damage to the wheel.

Whoa dude. Maybe you forgot to tighten them down a while back and its just now taking its toll. You may have beat up the the threads on the studs. Hopefully the rims ok. be glad you fixed it before the rotor made out with the pavement.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:21 PM

That's the thing though, I know for a fact I torqued them down properly at my brothers house when we did the hubs and that was a few months ago. With the miles I've put on since then, it absolutely should have done something by now.

I know kids in this area screw with cars, so I'm hoping they just loosened the wheel in an attempt to take it and there's not a bigger issue. Sounds stupid, but a few years ago, they literally stole the headlights from my Neon right in the parking lot here.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:25 PM
shasta214 is on a distinguished road

today i changed my fuel pump in my gyms parking lot....with a half tank of gas. couldn't get the rear bolt for the tank strap in place so a red ratchet strap is doing the trick!

Old 12-28-2011, 09:46 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by shasta214
today i changed my fuel pump in my gyms parking lot....with a half tank of gas. couldn't get the rear bolt for the tank strap in place so a red ratchet strap is doing the trick!

I hope your not keeping that permanently

That could be an explosion hazard god for bit that tank slides off

Old 12-28-2011, 10:35 PM
alanthomas1188 is on a distinguished road

Rode with my brother in his 2000 S10 Pickup to work. After work tonight came back home and jack up my Blazer to check the 4 wheel drive because it isn't working for some reason. Found the problem hopefully because the vacuum line coming off it is melted in 1 spot (maybe from the engine or exhaust). So tomorrow I have to go to AutoZone and get a vacuum line for it.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?