General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 02:19 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Good luck litterbug.

Tibby, it's an ebay intake with the filter that came with it. I plan on making a heat shield and getting a k&n filter for it soon-ish. I'll have to get some vids of it today.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Starting Member
MikeRo is on a distinguished road

Hey Thogert,
When you figure out this:
"Current project: Figure out why I'm blowing a fuse when I try to pop my rear hatch."
Let me know I've been blowing that fuse randomly for over a year now, never really looked into it but it would be a good thing to get fixed

Old 01-17-2012, 03:55 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I think it started when I put the leds in my gauges. I probably pinched some wires or something behind the switch when I took off the dash.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Starting Member
MikeRo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Thogert
I think it started when I put the leds in my gauges. I probably pinched some wires or something behind the switch when I took off the dash.
Hmm mine started long before i messed around with anything in the dash, My theory is there is a short somewhere between the dash and the hatch.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:39 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Just an update on my blazer. The body lift came to a stop because part of my sway bar had been broken off for awhile and that needs to be replaced. I've been driving with a broken off sway bar for quite awhile now. But since the lift is going on, the sway bar needs to be replaced and a new idler arm . Hopefully the lift and replacement parts will be on this weekend.

I've had a bad day between this news and some news from one of my professors. Hope it gets better. I'll keep my head up.

On another note, that noise up front wasn't wheel bearings, I think it was a chunk of the sway bar getting caught somewhere or something like that. :/

Old 01-17-2012, 05:08 PM
BF Veteran

The blazers don't like to make any kind of repairs/modifications easy or simple.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:10 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Blasted through a few snowbanks in the parking lot at work. It was a blast!

Old 01-17-2012, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran

Ok some vids for you.

I made a second one because the first wasn't uploading right to my Photobucket.

In the second one you can hear it sucking in the air better than the first one.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Beginning Member
Deep6 is on a distinguished road

well got the blazer back on the road! rebuilt tranny, ujoints, seals for the t-case. still need some adjustment to the hard cooler lines and need to get the tranny switch adjusted. but she is running and shifting great! this spring new cats and pipes.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:00 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Sounds good thog! Oddly enough, I had the same squeak during my exhaust vid. Seems like all blazers do it!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?