General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 12:48 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I really need to get a tow rope or chain or something so I can pull people out too...

Old 01-21-2012, 12:58 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yea i got both 2 straps and a chain

always good to have. The ford escape was 4x4 but she was in there real good

took us a good 15 mins to tug her out

Old 01-21-2012, 03:07 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I replaced the cap and rotor on mine. I still have a whining sound coming from it because the distributor is lose and moves a bit. Will have to replace the whole thing eventually.

Was worth replacing the cap and rotor though, because the old one was green from corrosion.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:39 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

i only came across one guy in a pickup truck in the ditch on my way home from class last night. i wanted to stop but there was a cop right there and i thought he might be in trouble for drunk driving or something so i didnt bother. i love helping others out but if there is already police involved id rather not get into it.

anyways i had my first welding class and the instructor said that after the first 4 weeks we can make our own big project instead of having to do stuff he gives us so im making my project..... drumroll please.... A NEW ROLL CAGE!!! and the shop will cover most of my material costs i think. either way they have a tubing bender and basically everything i need to put it together. i just have to have a rough sketch of what i want it to look like and i can put it together. hopefully im a good welder though.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:45 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by litterbug
i only came across one guy in a pickup truck in the ditch on my way home from class last night. i wanted to stop but there was a cop right there and i thought he might be in trouble for drunk driving or something so i didnt bother. i love helping others out but if there is already police involved id rather not get into it.

anyways i had my first welding class and the instructor said that after the first 4 weeks we can make our own big project instead of having to do stuff he gives us so im making my project..... drumroll please.... A NEW ROLL CAGE!!! and the shop will cover most of my material costs i think. either way they have a tubing bender and basically everything i need to put it together. i just have to have a rough sketch of what i want it to look like and i can put it together. hopefully im a good welder though.
haha nice I wish i took welding classes like that

MY welding class was my dad complaining that i was doing it wrong
and yes i do love to help people on the side of the road but i do avoid the ones with the cops also

Any ways i got the bumper off my dads s10 pickup
I knocked the dent i made out

and now im painting the whole bumper its gonna look brand spanking new

IN the future imma buy him a new grille

Old 01-21-2012, 04:45 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I have seriously considered taking a welding class at the local junior college. It's something I'd love to do. Can't wait to see how your cage comes out.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:48 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

yeah. im going to brave the cold outside to take some measurements right now.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:17 PM
BF Guru

Just finished painting the bumper

its currently next to our wood stove

Old 01-21-2012, 06:15 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Awsome decor items bumpers are!
Personally when I get this engine pulled & the connecting rods & bearings replaced I'm going to use the connecting rods as cup holders on the coffee table.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:28 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Painted the amp i have for my subs today. someone put ugly yellow stick on stuff on it. Used some free paint stripper on it and painted it black.

DUDESSSSS.

When tax refund comes im gonna do either a v8 swap or do a 4" drop and custom interior......omg the choices!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?