General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 06:29 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

v8 swap with the drop please =)

Old 01-21-2012, 08:10 PM
LucasMI is on a distinguished road

Took the annoying glasspack back off and re welded the stock exhaust in. going to put in a Flowmaster 40 series or similar Magnaflow when I get money

Old 01-21-2012, 09:04 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I finally finished my dads bumper and its ready to be installed in the morning

the paint should be dry by then

to bad i did not take a before pic

I sorta forgot but it dose look new and the dent is not there any more =P
Now he needs a grill

Old 01-21-2012, 09:45 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Damn John, nice pics... I mean the country living style, fireplace, laid back with a bumper in the den/living room w/e. Lol it reminds me of my sister & brother in laws place outside of town - 40 or so acres, custom built, huge used brick (aged/seasoned) hearth with a fire in it all the time, hardwood floors. Any vaulted ceiling or big a$$ A frame construction? & the lighting looks so familiar.

My kind of living for sure!

Oh yeah, nice bumper btw!
I took CB to my sisters to see if I could get her car going. It was "winterized" a week ago & she hasn't driven it since. She plugged it in & 2 hrs later it wouldn't start - dead battery & she swears once it clicked she didn't keep trying to start it. So I ended up going to get dog food for her dog. To boost her car I would have had to push her car back down the driveway & rely on her to stop it before the street without power brakes. Ehhhh No!
The garage she had winterize it has a 90 day road side assistance plan so they can come boost it on Monday lol.

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-21-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:01 PM
BF Guru

thankyou and yes i bought my house on the country side to get away from the city

I got 10 acres with a huge house I told my parents to move up here with me and they did =)

Old 01-21-2012, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran

I'm jealous, I can say that.
Parents have to be good to us - they take care of us when we're young etc but it all can turn around later in life lol.
WTG brother! Back together with family.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:42 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

What did I do to the blazer today? Hmm... it has been a bittersweet day. First off the body lift was successful and the idler arm and sway bar have been replaced. It now drives with much less give and I can take corners like usually instead of slowing down to almost a stop. For some reason my drivers door is acting weird like it needs new bushings or something. When you open it, it drops a little and when closing it goes back up, like it isn't level.

Ok, now to the big part. The wheels and tires getting replaced... This is a long story and depresses me as well as pisses me off. This was a day long ordeal. So I went to the tire shop to get new a/t's in a 265/70/17. Had my 17x9 camaro wheels ready to go with brand new black locking lugs and center caps too! The mounting process went good and he put one wheel and tire on the front... This a/t plus the camaro wheel looked like a great combo, but problems... First problem, they wouldn't sell me tires because they hit the frame at a little more than 1/2 lock. Safety issue. Also, they tried putting the tire and wheel on the back and it hit a hanger for the emergency brake line. The hanger was literally rubbing up against the tire and that was also a safety issue. So basically #^$% the 17x9 camaro wheels. I have had enough of this ****! Like I've said, I'm still pretty upset and am now forced to sell the 17x9 camaro wheels, locking lugs, and center caps. So let me know if you are interested! Good day and FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2012, 10:48 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

So I'm looking up prices for the tubing after drawing my cage up and figuring I'm going to need 120 feet of tubing. So I know the DOM .120 is the standard but I don't think The shop would spring 800 in tubing just for me. And I sure as He'll don't have that kind of money just sitting around. So does anyone know if it would be safe to go a step down with DOM .065 I think it is or would that not be strong enough. If I cant afford this project I can probabbly just make a front bumper then. I have a huge what lookes like an old-time hydraulic piston that weighs like 60 lbs. That should be pretty sweet.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:05 PM
BF Veteran

Tibby I know what you're going through. Been there & am going through it again. No matter what, always remember even when you can't think things can get worse - they can!
First off in reality it isn't THAT big of a deal. What pisses you off is that you got swept up with this & that & expected things to be right & all is good only for reality to bite you in the ***.
I know that feeling all too well when I got my 20,000 mile replacement engine for my blazer. Got a Lunati cam, Pro Comp Ultra roller rockers etc - a full valve train new & upgraded, the supercharger & intake installed& all the plumbing for fuel etc. Just to find that the donor motor has a bad wrist bearing, connecting rod to piston bearing. Dude that was $5000 with the cam, rockers, R/R & not to mention the synthetic oil afterwords, gasket sets etc.

I thought OOOOH FINELY I'll have my truck (CB) ready & waiting/willing to freak people out! Thats a BLAZER that just flew past us? Yup I was stoked only to be let down & have to do it all over again.

Lots of grains of salt - that's life sorry man. Truly I am & I hate allowing myself to get swept up before I know the truth. IE the shop I brought my truck to for the R/R of the engine etc, his wife asks if I'm excited .... I laughed & said NO, not 'till it's running & I'm driving it for a month or 2 without issue!
She was kind of baffled at my response - & now it has to go back, so I suppose she understands.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:11 PM
BF Veteran

Bug... you can step down to .065 or .090 DOM & I don't know what the DMV in your area is like but .120 is there for a reason! Right?!
Maybe you have to have a Needs & Wants list? I grew up with that & I hear my mother every day ... I still don't listen though & get things I don't need lol. Sorry mom! I will prioritize eventually & I promise I'll stop procrastinating tomorrow!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?