General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Beginning Member
rgwoehr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevyblazer9588
Where can you get that instrument cluster? I have one on my 1995 Chevy S10 Blazer that is going out.
I found that one on eBay and swapped odometers with the original one.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:22 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ok more night pics.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:14 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Looks good.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rgwoehr
I found that one on eBay and swapped odometers with the original one.
Thanks. I will look it up on eBay and go check one at the junkyard too.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:02 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
Ok more night pics.

I like it ! and the hids make the kcs look so dim lol

Old 02-08-2012, 03:20 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Haha, yeah they do, but the kcs have a better range than the hids.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

ya since there up high

any ways i tried ordering the stuff for my LED taillights project

and my card got denied .... stupid bank did not clear my deposit and it was cash ....

Old 02-08-2012, 03:25 PM
BF Veteran

It's because they are 'pencil beams,' they are meant to light up a small area far away. Being up high defenitly helps though.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:07 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Okay, so I used the turtle wax headlight restoration kit and it seemed to work a tiny bit. But my light beam still seems dim. I'm having a hard time deciphering whether I need new headlight bulbs or whether I need to re-aim my headlights or if the top of my brushguard is taking away from the light output. Hmm....

Old 02-08-2012, 09:26 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

im just blowing through stuff on that new k5. now that i have it in a garage its a ton easier to go out and work on it. i got the power steering to work a little better by putting the right size belt on there. i also took out the rear seat to vacuum the carpet out a bit and also brushed off all the dust that was under the padding. its the original floor and its got almost no rust. just surface rust here and there. im thinking about taking it all off and painting it with more herculiner then putting the carpet back. just to kind of waterproof the interior since its going to be full of mud. oh and i also put the side things in that i made for the other truck today too. they look much better than the crappy cardboard crap they had on there. i also took the gas tank skid plate off of one and was trying to fit it on the new one buy there is only one problem. the brake line is just barley in the way. i think i can bend it out of the way just a bit to fit it. i think it would be worth it since the gas tank looks fairly decent and has no dents to begin with and i would like to keep it that way. either way a very productive day for me. this whole week has been nonstop working for me

i miss this look i have with having grease and oil under my fingernails and in my cracks in my hands. makes me feel like i have done some good ya know?

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?