General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:46 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Refilled the windshield washer reservoir and washed it.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:09 PM
tbird8862 is on a distinguished road

just put another trans in my 96 4dr 4wd blazer im going to do front wheel bearing and hubs

Old 02-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tibby

Just sayin...

And I also picked up a few things today I mentioned a little bit earlier. I had to go on campus and finish an IT Infrastructure lab (Virtual Machine, SSH, Public/Private Keys) but after that, went to wally and got purple power citrus cleaner and a tire brush to get the blue dye off the tires. They didn't have wesley's bleach, so got purple power instead. Then also got some shop towels and the turtle wax headlight restoration kit for the blaze's headlights. Looking forward to doing some of this tomorrow before class.
Check out the build thread man!

Old 02-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Starting Member
USMC3782 is on a distinguished road

so yesterday was going to change the wiring for my 2000 mirrors on my 98 zr2. I also intended to do plugs wires cap rotor and check the vacuum lines. Ended up changing the lines and while i had the thing apart noticed nice puddles of antifreeze in the valley bw the intake and valve covers. Now the question is fix it or wait for it to blow and just throw a ls in it.

Thoughts?

Old 02-09-2012, 06:36 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by USMC3782
so yesterday was going to change the wiring for my 2000 mirrors on my 98 zr2. I also intended to do plugs wires cap rotor and check the vacuum lines. Ended up changing the lines and while i had the thing apart noticed nice puddles of antifreeze in the valley bw the intake and valve covers. Now the question is fix it or wait for it to blow and just throw a ls in it.

Thoughts?

i say fix it its better then getting stuck in the middle of the road

Old 02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

^^Agreed.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:54 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

had to get an alignment again!!!
it seems like my camber keeps slipping out of wack to the negative side.
dont know why...i dont beat on my ride.
i checked the torque after the shop did them....seemed fine.

now i am paranoid that its gonna ruin my tires before their time.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Starting Member
97Beater4WD is an unknown quantity at this point

Put bed liner on the rockers, bumpers and grill today

Old 02-09-2012, 08:25 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 97Beater4WD
Put bed liner on the rockers, bumpers and grill today

ME LIKE ME LIKEY VERY much

Old 02-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby

............. but after that, went to wally and got purple power citrus cleaner and a tire brush to get the blue dye off the tires. They didn't have wesley's bleach, so got purple power instead. ...................
All you need is soap & water & a little elbow grease to get that blue crap off the raised white lettering or outlined white lettering - nothing more, nothing fancy. Works every time.

Bleach white is great for keeping them white though. Instantly washes off all the grime. Spray on, let set, go at it with a stiff bristle brush, and rinse. Used to use it on whitewalls. Gets stubborn stains out of your clothes too. Been using it for over 20 years.

As for what I got done to my '89 S10 Blazer - NOTHING! .. & that's a good thing. Since I ditched all the electronics & went with a carb & HEI ignition, it's become as reliable as a stone ax. Wife has put over 5,000 miles on it since the '00 engine swap without one single problem. The Jimmy got towed home 4 times in 5k miles for comparison ....

Last edited by Smitty Smithsonite; 02-10-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: added info to stay on topic ;)

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?