General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Starting Member
volfan4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

well.... she lost third gear about 11 months ago and I've been deciding if i should fix it or not. $2200 later and it has a rebuilt trans, exhaust from y-pipe back, u-joints, flywheel and rear main seal. I must really like this Blazer..lol.

oh...and I got her some new shoes.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

a buddy called me a little while ago he hit some black ice and turned his jeep over in a ditch

any ways the blazer went to go rescue his caboose
I wish i had a camera to take pictures but it broke =/

no major damage just some major scratches that can be fixed
it was a tough one getting him out since the turn was real icy

I had to hook up a chain and a strap to get him out since i had to climb into a smaller ditch my self

Old 02-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Beginning Member
rgwoehr is on a distinguished road

I replaced my rear bumper today, now all I need is some end caps.

Old bumper that the previous owner tacoed and touched up with paint that didn't match:

New bumper:

The dent on the old one made that side a lot of fun to work on.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:29 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Checked temp gage against ECT with good news .. or bad, depending on how you look at it. Our temp gages are probably real accurate

https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...56/#post496787

Old 02-10-2012, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I checked out why my hids weren't going into high beam mode. I found this:

Turns out the aluminum foil tape I used to cover a hole in the light shield was reflecting some heat and melted the base of the bulbs. Looks like I will order some new bulbs without the high beam ability so as to minimize the blinding affect on other drivers. If I want high beams I have 4 on the roof.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:15 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Put in a new belt tensioner, YAY no more dropping voltage from a slipping belt when it goes below -20

Old 02-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Starting Member
97Beater4WD is an unknown quantity at this point

Lost a mirror from a deer the other day and the passenger side was cracked so I just replaced both...nothing too exciting...tomorrow I tackle my 4wd issues and maybe a wash n wax

Old 02-11-2012, 05:12 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

Justin took the cpfi off my blazer and put in the mpi setup. started up a lot smoother and idled smoother.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Chuk Rhodes is on a distinguished road

In the middle of replacing the power brake booster, first item to be replaced twice on my 97! Original lasted 7 or 8 years, been about the same for a re-manufactured one. Better set the date in 7 years to buy another! Waiting for paint to dry on the new one, wished I had done that the first time within a couple of weeks.

Also trimmed the valence, still need to get out there with the dremel to clean it up.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:34 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Well I seem to have pissed my blazer off by riding my new bike a little. I got a flat tire and had to replace it in the parking lot of a gas station. Not so bad on it's own, but I've been sick all day, and have been weak so it sucked.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?